Tab right-click menu

Jeber

I'm trying out FF 1.0, and have found one little item I'm not happy about. In Mozilla, a right-click on a tab brings up a menu in which "Close Tab" is the top choice. In FF, that option is half-way down the menu. Like I said, nothing major, but when I get in a rhythm, I wind up clicking on New Tab when I wanted to close the tab. Does anyone know if there's a line in about:config or anywhere else where I could adjust the order of entries in that right-click menu? :D

I'm trying out FF 1.0, and have found one little item I'm not happy about.  In Mozilla, a right-click on a tab brings up a menu in which "Close Tab" is the top choice.  In FF, that option is half-way down the menu.  Like I said, nothing major, but when I get in a rhythm, I wind up clicking on New Tab when I wanted to close the tab.  Does anyone know if there's a line in about:config or anywhere else where I could adjust the order of entries in that right-click menu? :hmm:
Hi Jeber,I am about 96% sure this can be changed, but you are looking in the wrong place. I think this would have to be done through userChrome.css.I am looking for the code to add that would get it to move though...:w00tx100:Neil

I went through every folder within Firefox and could not find a single line of code that listed the button clicks for right clicking. I suspect it is one of those you can not edit. If it is there, it would be in one of the .rta (if my memory works that long) extensions.

Thanks for making me look, Sip. Turns out I still have TBE installed. What I did was enable "double click on tab closes tab" so now I don't even have to right click the tab to close it at all. I also added close buttons to all tabs, just in case I ever get too lazy to double click. :P

Thanks for making me look, Sip.  Turns out I still have TBE installed.  What I did was enable "double click on tab closes tab" so now I don't even have to right click the tab to close it at all.  I also added close buttons to all tabs, just in case I ever get too lazy to double click. :P
Yes, good thing you found an alternate solution, because userChrome.css can't handle it :(You can click on the tab with your middle mouse button to close it, though! (Note that if you are on linux, you'll need to set middlemouse.contentLoadURL to false in about:config for it to work in Linux):w00tx100:Neil