LCD TV...

Guest Paracelsus

Guest Paracelsus

I accepted a deal from DirectTV to get a second line to my Bedroom. Only one little snag...No second TV :rolleyes:So I went shopping around BizRate and came across this place, www.drplasma.comEDIT: I removed the link, as the site seems to cause some problems on FireFox.While they may not have the lowest price on everything, they sure did for the one I decided on.$1999USD List Price, at $635USD. (New, not Refurbished)I was a bit leery at first, since Dr. P wasn't rated at BizRate... But the next best price was over $200 more, and much higher shipping charges. So I took a chance based on Customer Feedback at BizRate.Not disappointed. It shipped on Nov. 1 and arrived on the 5th.

Guest Paracelsus

Oh!! It is very nice!!Great picture and sound!! Quite a space saver too... Which is good, considering how crowded the bedroom is.Screen pivots in the vertical and horizontal axes.

Sounds like a great deal, but on principle, I'll never buy from a company that codes a website that locks out all toolbars, and disables my browser history, so I had to close my entire browser (Firefox) to get back to the forum... How obnoxious.

Guest Paracelsus
:) B) :oI have been to site many times at home & work, using FF1.0PR at both, and never had any problem. But then... I always have links open in new tabs..

EDIT: I removed the link, as the site seems to cause some problems on FireFox.
Works ok with IE6, no problems with the history. B) Now if they deliver to Oz, I'll have... :)

Soooooo....when ya inviting us all for a tv watchin' party??? :whistling: Sounds like a great deal! Maybe by the time I ever move out again, I'll be able to buy a LCD flat panel TV....... :w00t:

hmm... worked this time...When I opened it before, it removed everything but the outer borders (all toolbars, navigation buttons/status bar, etc. The back button on my mouse didn't do anything, and right-click was disabled.... Weird.. I have it set to open in tabs myself.

Guest Paracelsus
Soooooo....when ya inviting us all for a tv watchin' party???
Sorry, FD...I stopped having parties my bedroom during my grad school days :PBesides...With all the stuff in there... there's hardly room enough for me B)

Guest Paracelsus

For what it's worth George...This was complete impulse.... and definitely something I should not have done :">Now comes the tough part...Who am I going to have to cross off my Christmas Gift List to make up for it?? :angry: :w00t:

Glad to hear you were pleased with them. They are one of the places where I looked when buying my new laptop. Computer Shopper did not have them with as high of a rating as some of the others so I steered away from them. Now we will see how well I did with all the stuff I bought last night. It must be contagious.. ...Hubby wants a HDTV so maybe I will have to find out what kind of a good deal you were lucky enough to get! You can just give me advice instead of a present this year. :huh: :angry: :angry:

For what it's worth George...This was complete impulse.... and definitely something I should not have done :">Now comes the tough part...Who am I going to have to cross off my Christmas Gift List to make up for it?? :(  :D
Or....Who on my Christmas Gift List am I going to give this dang TV to? :ermm: :hmm:

Guest Paracelsus
You can just give me advice instead of a present this year.
I'd read good things about the Dells, but their prices were higher than I wanted to spend.Phillips are also suppose to be really good.Originally, when looking things over at BizRate, I went by the $$ limit I had set myself and looked over the hits.I was impressed with the features of Benq LCD TVs. And it was the one I was going to buy at Dr. P. (Benq is a division of Acer). But after I placed the order, I got a call from them saying that they'd neglected to post on the Website that the one model H200 they had available was refurbished.I wasn't quite comfortable with that, so they suggested a comparable Sharp AquosSharp was my second choice anyway, so I went with Dr. P's recommendation.Since it's for the Bedroom, I didn't want anything massive, and wasn't prepared to spend much more than I did... So it's a 20" model.
Who am I going to have to cross off my Christmas Gift List to make up for it??
Bite Your Tongue, Ed!!!I'm finally discovering the joys of watching TV in bed. :D

Guest Paracelsus

Nah! No cookie or pop corn in my bed.I'm more of a chips-n-dips and pretzels with mustard kinda guy. Now I just need to get one of those "Breakfast in Bed" trays, like my folks had years ago. If I do get any crumbs in there...I'm sure my pet gecko will be more than happy to remove them. She gets free run of the place most of the time. Everyone should have one. Great for keeping ants and flies at bay during the summer, too.BTW - Ed I see you edited your post before I had a chance to respond to your query about my sig line. I purposely made it a very light turquoise. For anyone needing it darker...Just click 'n drag your cursor over it to highlight. ^_^