Supid Logitech

GolfProRM

My Logitech mouse drivers have been a real pain, and now the driver corrupted my Windows\Cursors folder (i'm 100% sure it's the mouseware that screwed up a file or two).
Ack!!! Why, oh, why are you using Logitech's Mouseware junk? They are buggy. Doesn't XP's default mouse drivers satisfy you? :rolleyes: Just my 2 cents, which looks like it may be worth 3 cents as the Canadian dollar keeps going up. <sizzle>

I know the drivers are horrendously buggy, but I can't use the wheel as double-click or the thumb button as a back button without the drivers... I've gotten so comfortable with these features that I don't think I could ever give them up.

My Logitech mouse drivers have been a real pain, and now the driver corrupted my Windows\Cursors folder (i'm 100% sure it's the mouseware that screwed up a file or two).
Ack!!! Why, oh, why are you using Logitech's Mouseware junk? They are buggy. Doesn't XP's default mouse drivers satisfy you? :lol: Just my 2 cents, which looks like it may be worth 3 cents as the Canadian dollar keeps going up. <sizzle>
half my computer is logitech drivers (for optical cordless mouse, cordless keyboard, joystick and steering wheel. i've never had any issues with their drivers, especially them deleting cursors.so dont diss Logitech. if it wasnt for them, we would all have $200 M$ Intellimouses by now. :P

also the XP default logitech drivers need to have an active window to do scrolling. with Logitech drivers, just move from one window to other and scrolling switches between them. try it by scrolling in Folder view of windows explorer, then file view. with Microsoft drivers, i always have to click in the area, then start my scrolling. thats my 2 cents why i always stick with logitech drivers. :lol:

Prelude... thanks for the offer, but I did get them (from teacher as well as off the XP disc)....The drivers have been a pain for me in XP because for some reason, weird things happen when I change users on my PC (using Fast user switching)... My cursors don't always initialize correctly (often my text cursor is a + sign instead of the I that it should be), so I have to go in and re-apply the cursor settings everytime... Also, I started a thread back when i first joined dealing with losing the thumb button settings (and wheel doubleclick) whenever I switch users (have two on my comp). I thought I fixed this problem... see this thread but I guess not... Has anybody else run into problems like this?? Thought I'd bring it back up as even with the newest drivers (version 9.76) it still doesn't work...

that is strange. i've used logitech drivers since v8 and have the same (cordless optical mouse) with thumb button and all good on this end. already replaced batteries 4 times (its been a year) and still same settings and no bugs. weird :lol: only thing i can think of off the top of my head:do u remember how you loaded up windows originally? i just have Default PS/2 Mouse, then load Logitech. Do you select Microsoft's Logitech drivers, then install Logitechs? there might a conflict. just a thought. :P

I've tried nearly everything... I completely wiped the mouse off the system and then installed a fresh set of Logitech's drivers... I tried upgrading from the Microsoft default mouse... I tried updating from Microsoft's 3 button mouse driver... still no luck with it... It has become somewhat of a nuisance, and will be more so when my girlfried gets back and starts using my computer full time (the other user on my system) because then I'll have to re-initialize the settings 4-5x per day... it's weird because the em_exec file loads everytime I login, but I have to go into the mouse settings change something and apply the change for the buttons to work correctly. I've gone so far as to put a shortcut to the config in my startup so it's always there..I've never heard of anyone else having this problem, and Logitech's email support was a waste... P.S. I've tried it as a PS/2 mouse as well as USB, and it hasn't mattered.

I've been meaning to do that... due for reformat of my main partition soon anyway... Maybe something got screwed up with my initial install (this is the only mouse I've used on this PC)