How to remove red wine stains

ibe98765

Patty S. writes .. This is absolutely foolproof for any laundered items! Mix Dawn dishwashing liquid soap with hydrogen peroxide...then pour on the stain and let sit as a presoak. Neither of these ingredients works by itself. You must use BOTH. You'll actually see the red wine disappear as you drizzle the mixture on a stain! I have used it to take major red wine stains out of ALL clothing and table cloths (regardless of the color of the item). I have used it on old dried stains and stains that were laundered, bleached and subsequently turned "yellow". OLD, old stains have been successfully removed. Just make sure the soap/peroxide mixture is relatively fresh. I used some the other day that was a few months old (I keep a bottle on my washing machine and pre-treat clothes as I see them coming through on wash day) and it did not remove a particularly large stain completely. The T-shirt went through the washer and dryer before I realized that my mixture had "weakened". I mixed up a new batch and the second time around was PERFECT! You'll be amazed. (side note: the peroxide will turn the blue dishwashing liquid to a clear color--that does not reduce its effectiveness!) With this mixture there is NO NEED for any bleach even on the whitest of whites! Keep on drinking that tasty red wine with confidence! This is so effective that we have become absolutely careless about spilling wine...and our wine tastings have become an absolute blast because clean up is absolutely CARE FREE. Believe me! You gotta try this! Thanks for a GREAT website! Link

:w00t:  :) I was under the impression  the wine went in you,,, not on you..... :w00t:
Ideally, yes. :blink: But get enough in you and the glass has a way of getting knocked all over that pretty white carpet...

Drank a bunch of WHITE wine Sunday. I'm pretty sure it all went IN me.The next morning, I discovered that it had stained my eyeballs red...Peroxide and dish liquid just made it worse !

B) :devil: My mouse did not high light it georgeg4 ...you used to much bleach :) :devil: .... on to new stuff .... that recipe sounded familiar ... it is the same one used to remove skunk spray ... but it MUST be Dawn. It has to do with superior oil lifting properties .. this is the link to it www.10news.com ... after you get therte click on "field notes", it is one of the many items there ..

ibe98765...... :huh: .... for the wine maybe but for the skunk spray removal the author has tried other brands/names and states they were not as effecticve as Dawn....

georgeg4...... I have heard that tale too...... that web addy I put upd has the complete formula on it under "Lorens field notes"... he stated on the air that the tomato juice is not very effective at all. It is considerably more costly and a waste of good tomato juice. I have seen both in action and the Dawn formula is far and away faster and better.