Can't install Wine on PCLOS

epp_b

I'm running a CD distro (PCLOS) of Linux here. I would like to try to install Wine, but can't seem to. I downloaded the Mandrake version of Wine (that is what PCLOS is, isn't it? :'(), and I get the following errors I try to run the RPM:

error: cannot open lock file //var/lib/rpm/RPMLOCK in exclusive modeerror: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm

eppDo you have it installed to a HD or running from CD...Not an expert on PClInuxOS..but believe it must be installed to HD for additional packages

Are you in a live version or are you in an installed version. You want to use PC Los's installer program (Synaptic, right?) and go in from there and select it to let it install it.

Hi EppI am sorry but you can not install extra software when you are running PCLos LIVE . . . ( nor can you get updates . . B) ) Wine is in synaptic, but that will not help you because when running live nothing can/will be written to HDB) Bruno