How to Uninstal Win XP?

sandy1

I have a dual boot system - Win 98 SE & Win XP.I want to uninstal one of them because i am running short of disk space(40 GB).Can any one help - preferably uninstal procedure for both.Thanks.

James M. Fisher
I have a dual boot system - Win 98 SE & Win XP.I want to uninstal one of them because i am running short of disk space(40 GB).Can any one help - preferably uninstal procedure for both.Thanks.
You want to uninstall both or one? If so, just format those partitions and reinstall whichever Windows you want.It's easier to give instructions if you told us which you want to keep.

James M. Fisher
Thanks for the reply.Want to keep Win XP & remove Win 98  . The former is on Vol D & the latter is on Vol C.
It's tricky, but it can be done. Have a look at these instrictions here (This article deals with Windows 2000, the the steps are the same.):http://www.dewassoc.com/support/win2000/un...2k.htm#sectionaFollow the directions for your particular setup. Post back with any questions!

open boot.ini it's a hidden file on c:\remove reference to win98save*delete \windows on c:\ - that's where win98 livesdon't delete any files on the root of c:\ (such as boot.ini, ntldr, ntdetect.com, pagefile.sys, io.sys and msdos.sys are on mine, but they aren't doing any harm so leave 'em there) or you won't be able to boot to xpother folders/files are there for you to do with what you wantnow, if you're trying to make d:\ into c:\, after swapping jumpers and making it (the xp drive) master, well, we're talking about a whole lotta mess - leave it alone nice link above, but a bit messy for an easy fix :ph34r:*alternativley, boot to xp, rightclick my computer, go to properties> advanced tab> settings button under startup & recovery> set default to xp, uncheck time to display operating systems and click ok all the way back out