"Internet Meltdown" possibly tomorrow?

ross549

e-Jihad Begins Thursday, Internet Predicted to Melt Down by Mid-dayYou should probably starting backing up that gig of gmail to local storage. According to a Russian news site, Kaspersky Labs states that terrorists will launch attacks which will paralyze the Internet this Thursday. This tragically coincides with two weeks of script kiddie attacks (which were scheduled to begin this past Sunday) aimed at disrupting the Republican national convention. In addition, many college students are back on campus this week, which provides the e-terrorists and i-subversives with a veritable candyland of insecure boxes on big pipes. Faced with this triple threat, our beloved Internet will surely fall.The ISC would like to go out on a limb and predict that the Internet will not vaporize into a cloud of nothingness this Thursday, but if it does, it's been our pleasure to help stave off its inevitable annihilation this long.
From http://isc.sans.org/

Hmm, an attack on financial and political web sites. Well I could care less about the political web sites. Then again, I hope my banks are pretty secure. I will be in meetings all day today so let me know if the Internet disappears while I am gone....just post me a note to tell me. :thumbsup:

Guest Paracelsus
Wow, our firewall here at work isn't THAT bad! :fishing:
Our management is very paternalistic.They think we'll be safer if we can't do anything or go anywhere on the Internet.I'm luck they haven't found out about Bulletin Boards, yet!This place is much more dangerous than isc.sans.org :P :PBTW - 8:25am CDT and all is well :thumbsup:

Cluttermagnet

Is it safe to come out yet? I've been happily surfing the net since mid day and nary a problem here, so far (knock on wood-grain Formica and engineered pressed wood product...) :P :P

Cluttermagnet
Well, looks like nothing happened after all  -_- :url:  /. followup
I found the first few quotes on that Slashdot page real belly busters. I needed a good laugh. Thanks, Sonic! :lol: :w00t: P.S. I hear they actually are coming later tonight. Beware of any approaching crowds carrying torches and pitchforks... ;)

I think I made it. No meltdowns that I know of. Now something did smell a little burnt coming from the kitchen but I was afraid to investigate. :w00t:

Guest Paracelsus
Now something did smell a little burnt coming from the kitchen but I was afraid to investigate.
Thinking too hard, Juwie??That happens to us sometimes. But it does have a very distinctive aroma, however...Kind of a blend of an electrical fire... and sautéed calves' liver :lol: :url: :w00t: