Vector linux installing programs ?

abarbarian

securitybreach

Fun memories, Josh! Crazy to think that we've been here for a decade+. I bet Scot never even dreamed this board would become such a fount of experience and knowledge; and have such longevity while doing so.

The sixth anniversary of Bruno's demise was just the other day. Can you believe that? It was still very difficult to read this thread...

http://forums.scotsn...opic=33084&st=0

Yeah, I was reading through that one yesterday as well.

• Like 1

pacman is one of the best things about Arch and you can get a taste of it in Manjaro. Josh is right though; there's only one Arch just as there is only one Debian or Slackware. Eventually you'll want to try out the root distro if you play with Linux enough. I know I have.

If I didn't have family members using my Linux boxes, I'd be using Arch for sure.

• Like 2

Hard to say what would have happened. However Bruno was one of the most positive and forward looking people I ever met online.

He would have been very unhappy with what went down at Mandriva, and he always liked having some degree of dependency management in Slackware. He would have been pleased and interested to see others getting into Arch Linux and I am sure he would have given it a second look based on that.

• Like 2