Where's my signal?

zlim

I'm just doing some information gathering because this wifi stuff still confuses me. Except for 1 minor hiccup, after a brief power outtage, the WLAN light was out on the router, my network has worked flawlessly. I simply took the power connector off of the router, then plugged it back in and I was in business.On Sunday, I noticed that I kept losing the signal to my nb but then I'd get it back (I did nothing; it seemed to come back on it's own). What could cause this? (FYI, the only cordless phone in the house is very old and operates at 900MHz so I don't think that is the cause). Then today, I installed the newest version of AdAware on both partions (ME and 2K on my nb) and suddenly my card couldn't find the router on either partion. I checked, the WLAN light was on on the router and both lights were on on the wifi card but when I'd survey it couldn't find any spots. I rebooted and it started working. Again, I'd like any clues on why this might have happened so I can try and prevent it in the future.

Sounds good to me. As a matter of fact, I have the nb in the livingroom and yesterday morning the wallpaper guy was here. He had to remove 1 strip of paper, seal the wall because one spot showed thru the new wallpaper. He let a halogen light on the spot so it would dry quicker and then hung a new sheet of paper. So maybe static electricity was created through all that, LOL. As long as I don't need to rehang wallpaper, I'll be okay. ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of TV sets, hairdriers, nylon rugs, maybe a window fan, the usual stuff we encounter.There is also the potential for a neighbor's WiFi system conflicting with yours, or your cordless phone, and etc. It happens.So long as a reboot resolves the problem, I wouldn't loose sleep over it.hth