Photo's and Graphics

Ozidave

Ozi, you did it just right. What makes our dial-up Highlanders crazy are images, especially big ones, included in the post. By linking to them, you've retained good page load times, and still given the option to anyone to see them if they wish. ;)

Oh, come on, Ozi...don't take your correct behavior so hard. You have plenty of opportunities to screw up big time ahead of you yet. :hmm: :P

Hi Jeber, o:) Yes, it must be a pain at times for the 56k'ers or those on limited access/down-load allowance to be confronted with no choice as to how they wish to use it at times. That's why I though this thread up. We all need a laugh to keep our sanity in balance and I feel for the 56k'ers when they enter a site like 1000words and never get to see a lot of what's there because of their speed etc. :( At least they can share in what you, I and others here think is funny to grotesque, without the need to sift through the 1000's of mediocre pics that are just so-so or run-of-the-mill. You, yourself have a terrific sense of humour, I just try my best. That's why I try to pick on the pic's that everyone will get something out of. I would hate to see this thread run to ordinary-type pics. :) So humour is the flavour of the day! If it's broke don't fix it! buy a new one, it's a 100% less of a problem and 100% quicker to fix, if it's expensive.....Fix it! it's about 300% cheaper. :thumbsdown: Ozi.:whistling:Prairiedog Madness :devil:Killer Squirrel

Cluttermagnet

Great thread! The pix are funny. I'm always looking for a good belly laugh to break the tension. Life has enough hassles. "Send in the clowns". :D I'm still on dialup. Probably will hold fast for the forseeable future. I don't like flash because it is huge, klunky, and of course slow loading for me. A very few are brilliantly well done. The rest are worthless dreck. Spare me. I'm neutral in the big 'webstyle debate', but graphics are still important. The old 'thousand words' addage is ever true. Balance in all things, balance.

EDIT: Per user request. Please note that the sites linked to herein place multiple pictures on a page and will load quite slowly if you are not on broadband.Posters for movies that were miscastI think it was here (SFNL) that the following were originally posted (By Jeber, if I'm not mistaken):BeannibalGrumpy Old Men in...Scroll down that last for "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Pooh" which was also in the original link.

My favorite :P--http://www.w1k.com/entries/46000/46497YFHe_w.jpg--Note: copy it into your address bar without the dashes - it doesn't work with a referrer document.

Hi Littlebone,It would be nice if you break the pic's into singles rather than load the whole string of them, else a lot of the 56k'ers are not going to appreciate the effort you made to get them. :P Ozi.

Ozi:Sorry, those aren't my sites, but I will add a note that the links are to sites with a lot of pictures on a single page.

Hi Littlebone,It would be nice if you break the pic's into singles rather than load the whole string of them, else a lot of the 56k'ers are not going to appreciate the effort you made to get them. sad.gifOzi.

This thread gives me an idea . On a different forum I belong to we have a separate thread for members to post links to pictures of interest for others to see . Maybe the moderators will install one for us here B) :hmm: :D

This thread gives me an idea . On a different forum I belong to we have a separate thread for members to post links to pictures of interest for others to see . Maybe the moderators will install one for us here  B)  :hmm:  :D
Hi,You don't need the moderators to install the thread, just start it yourself and call it 'Pictures of Interest' or whatever you feel will best describe it. :'( Unless you mean a whole new 'Header' to cater for a lot of new picture threads? :D Ozi.

muckshifter
8/8/2004 - IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM THE WORTH1000 TEAMWe are currently experiencing extremely high traffic levels and have disabled guest access to certain pages. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try back later today or register an account here for immediate access (it's free).--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The page you are trying to access is restricted. Please log in using the form below or register and you should be able to access it (unless it's a high-security area and you are not an administrator). Registration is free and only takes a few minutes.If you are already logged in and feel you should have access to this page (i.e. you have had access in the past), then please contact us immediately.
:)

8/8/2004 - IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM THE WORTH1000 TEAM
There has always been restrictions on this site, some you have to agree that you are over a certain age etc, and some are restricted until you sign up..... And I 'have' seen up to around 700 users at one time (so 'they' indicate) on line.I never sign in to select pics that are available 'only' for members, so if any of the pics here are affected, please let us know and something can be done to remove the URL's, bit pointless visiting just to see the 'home' page. :whistling: