strange fonts in xterm

wa4chq

well I don't know the correct term for "x"terminals.... :) I use rxvt..... and I got it fixed! Following the stuff in the link I provided in my last post....I hadn't used the lappy or at least run it thru the usual tests....ie MC or prompt -p (part of zsh I think) and this morning when I rebooted I noticed the fonts in RXVT looked a little different so I checked mc and no crazy fonts! Next I did prompt -p and...well time for screenshot:

wm.jpg

• Like 1

securitybreach

Oh, xterm is the standard terminal emulator for the X Window System and has been around since 1984. It is very basic compared to most terminals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xterm

well I don't know the correct term for "x"terminals.... :) I use rxvt..... and I got it fixed! Following the stuff in the link I provided in my last post....I hadn't used the lappy or at least run it thru the usual tests....ie MC or prompt -p (part of zsh I think) and this morning when I rebooted I noticed the fonts in RXVT looked a little different so I checked mc and no crazy fonts! Next I did prompt -p and...well time for screenshot:

wm.jpg

Awesome!! Glad you got it sort.

• Like 1

OK.... From his article I checked /etc/profile.d/lang.sh and changed the LANG variable from en_US to en_US.UTF-8. I then went to my .zshrc and added

if [ $TERM = "linux" ]; then

setfont ter-v16n

fi

.....then checked the font DPI to make sure it was 96x96dpi....then made an .Xresources file like his example....and I think that was it.....anyway thanks for pushing on to find the solution....I was gonna let it slide!

Have a good day!

• Like 2