You know your Canadian when...

When you stop in a gully on a back road to admire a beaver dam 10' tall and 70' long then realize that the other side is FULL of water to the top you begin to appreciate the potential for disaster real quick and drive away even quicker. B)

linuxdude32

The Peterborough storm got revenge on our sacred beaver it would seem. One of the news channels showed a beaver walking in the city after his dam was destroyed by rapidly moving water. Poor little thing. He was sooo cute. B)

I don't understand. Have the beaver's been recruited to help your government highway administration? Do they get their "hides" protected in return? B) What if this dam wasn't there? Wouldn't the road have flooded anyway?

linuxdude32
I don't understand.  Have the beaver's been recruited to help your government highway administration?  Do they get their "hides" protected in return? B) What if this dam wasn't there?  Wouldn't the road have flooded anyway?
You catch on fast, Ibe! :D It's not our national animal for nothing, you know!I don't know the situation with the highway but Beaver dams can flood lots of things (as can any dam, including a human-constructed one). I'm not in that area so all I know is the same as you. From what it sounds like, the flood broke the D*** which unleashed a ton of water all at once washing out the highway. I don't know if the Beaver's dam breaking was any cause for concern here in Peterborough, Ontario. We were just unlucky enough to get a lot of rain over a very short period of time.