Cycling electrickery ??

abarbarian

V.T. Eric Layton

Beautiful!

There's no way I'd ride a regular pedal bike in that area with all those hills and valleys. I'd end up walking up the hills and coasting down. In the flatlands of Tampa, I even avoid roads with slight inclines; and there aren't that many. Going uphill on a bicycle is for young folks, not fat old men. ;)

biking.jpg

abarbarian

Beautiful!

There's no way I'd ride a regular pedal bike in that area with all those hills and valleys. I'd end up walking up the hills and coasting down. In the flatlands of Tampa, I even avoid roads with slight inclines; and there aren't that many. Going uphill on a bicycle is for young folks, not fat old men. ;)

biking.jpg

Yeah but you are on an old tech bike. With the new tech cycling up hills is easier than walking up them. As I found out the other day when me battery ran flat and I had to walk up the last hill to get home after a quick ride to the shops for supplies. :Laughing:

Stunning view, looks like Cumbria.

Tis indeed. Here is what TripAdvisor says about it.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g499540-d2236399-Reviews-Wrynose_Pass-Eskdale_Lake_District_Cumbria_England.html

• Like 1

as I may be loosing my vehicle licence soon and I may need an alternative form of transport.

HipHipHooray.gif

I stood in front of the magistrates on the 10th June and told em in plain old english my tale.

Explained that I felt that though I had broken the law on the last three occasions I personally felt that I had done no wrong and no one was placed in any harms way.I also told them that they may like to look at the conduct of the police involved who drove at higher speeds than me and were driving a vehicle that was most certainly not designed to conduct the manoeuvres they carried out in chasing after me.

My straight talking must have made some impact,the magistrates retired to deliberate,and after fifteen minuets even the clerk of the court commented, "they are taking an awfully long time coming to an decision, normally they only take five minuets".

I was allowed to keep my licence for the reason, that loosing my licence would in view of my disabilities and the location of my home cause me unacceptable hardship. Also instead of a £100 fine they kindly decided to only charge me £30.

Bravo and well done the british legal system.

hooray.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Indeed it is Eric, as is most of this corner of the earth. :breakfast:

Except in the wintertime. Too cold for this Florida boy. ;)

Indeed it is Eric, as is most of this corner of the earth. :breakfast:

Except in the wintertime. Too cold for this Florida boy. ;)

I recon you may have a change of heart if you saw the real thing, B)

http://www.andywhitehouse.co.uk/portfolio-gallery/lake-district/page/2

There are a couple of great shots of Tarn Hows and Loughrigg Tarn two of my favourite skinny dipping sites. As a side note I have swum in all the lakes he has photographed. :D