Cannot Change Photo In Profile

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

No progress on a fix for this? Can we have some updates? Is anything being done about it at all? Just curious...

V.T. Eric Layton

As I posted elsewhere, I didn't realize that you were the (only) one working on these issues. Don't worry about this trivial carp. Just take care of your own personal business first and foremost. This stuff can wait.

Some of the problems I noted seem to be specific to my laptop. :oops: Main page rendering problems and avatar issues are seen by many of us, but the problem with Notifications and adding/viewing comments to status updates seem to be on my laptop only--just fired up my ancient Dell tower to apply security updates and when I browse from there, I have no issues with Notifications or adding/viewing comments to Status Updates. I'll have to look at the add-ons, etc., in my FF on the laptop. Sorry to have added more confusion to the situation.

Guest LilBambi

All fixed. Scot's suggestion that he thought it might be something to do with the host was spot on. After Scot talked to them about adding more space, all worked well again. I was able to upload all the Nov 2014 and Dec 2014 patches successfully and all is well again.

Thank you, Scot!!

Merry Christmas!

V.T. Eric Layton

Some of the problems I noted seem to be specific to my laptop. :oops: Main page rendering problems and avatar issues are seen by many of us, but the problem with Notifications and adding/viewing comments to status updates seem to be on my laptop only--just fired up my ancient Dell tower to apply security updates and when I browse from there, I have no issues with Notifications or adding/viewing comments to Status Updates. I'll have to look at the add-ons, etc., in my FF on the laptop. Sorry to have added more confusion to the situation.

No, it's not just you, Elizabeth. There are still some buggy things happening. There is no pull-down menu for the "liked" commented posts, no pull-down menu for the profile when clicking on name at top right, and when I quoted your post just now, everything is showing up in raw html rather than the normal WYSIWYG editor.

I'm not complaining too much, though, because I'm NOT gray anymore. ;)

Guest LilBambi

Yep, there are a few things that are odd after the patches were applied.

Let's hope that IPS will notice the problems and get them fixed.

In addition to the BBCode box not showing up, yes, the dropdown for New Posts at the top does not happen so you need to click through and go to the bottom of the list and click the button to Mark all Read.

But like you said, you are no longer gray so that's quite an improvement. ;) Being gray in the face can be quite dangerous.

Also the Top icon at the bottom does not work, nor does the Mark Community Read.

So yes, there are some things that are not working as we are used to. But the patches are applied AND the forums are back!

And there ye are the font !ups! I thought we'd all been ill simmed . ....Now where's that funny little laughing man ... Fast work lady fast work .. Thumbs up ...

• Like 1