Forkin' Debian?

V.T. Eric Layton

Guest LilBambi

Don't be like that. ;)

Each person is entitled to their opinion on how to run their Linux OS and if they don't want systemd, they have the right to fork it.

I personally will be trying it with systemd when Wheezy is finally out of date although I am not happy about it.

securitybreach

Oh I agree about choice but to badger someone until they quit developing is a bit much. If you do not want it, do not use it but stop hurting people with your words. Noone here but in general

• Like 1

I agree this whole debate is way too emotional for most of the naysayers. Most of whom have never used systemd, and/or are not developers.

The main argument is that it's too monolithic. Guess they have never seen the kernel.

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

I doubt there will be a systemdpocalypse, but neither is it going to be a fabulous systemdapalooza.

There was no point in this posting. I just wanted to use those two made-up words in a sentence.

Carry on...

• Like 2

securitybreach

It is so goofy as you have always been able to change to different inits. We change the defaults for everything else so what is the big deal about using systemd ootb?