Wireless Problems Unsecured network

mhbell

Guest LilBambi

It is funny really, meaning odd type funny.

For years most wireless APs have allowed whatever system you are on as long as you allow java scripting to log in to their system via the web browser.

It is like reverting to the OLD crap for them not to work right on Linux. Talk about going back to the dark ages.

It is funny really, meaning odd type funny.

For years most wireless APs have allowed whatever system you are on as long as you allow java scripting to log in to their system via the web browser.

It is like reverting to the OLD crap for them not to work right on Linux. Talk about going back to the dark ages.

I agree with you. It is to bad that some networks are like that. The thing that puzzles me is the fact that it works everyplace else that I have tried it. I still don't know if it was Interference, the network, or linux. One of the things that is puzzling is the fact that the signal strenth on linux was 1 to 3 bars and on windows a solid 5 bars for the most part. Windows could connect but Linux Mint could not. It was the only place I ever had a problem.

Mel

Guest LilBambi

That is odd that you had such a bad signal compared to Windows. Does seem like it might have been related to connection then.

Maybe that driver needed updated in Linux?

That is odd that you had such a bad signal compared to Windows. Does seem like it might have been related to connection then.

Maybe that driver needed updated in Linux?

I thought the same thing,but it is the latest driver for mint and it is a new HP Laptop. Besides that it works fine else where. Very Very Strange. I really can't see Frontier net Blocking Linux. Maybe some sort of interference blocking Linux Mint and not Windows. Possible that the computer is so new that Mint mis configured something. But why would it work everyplace else.

Mel