Network Diagrams

SonicDragon

Mine isn't very interestingCable Modem ------> MeThat's it :P

nilson

Hehe. As long as you have a firewall that's perfectly fine :P

Peachy
network.jpg

Ed_P
Network.PNGNot in the same league as Peachy's for style but here's mine.

SonicDragon

Nice set ups!You're making me jealous B)

Stryder
Network%20Chart.JPG

Grasshopper
homenetwork.jpg

Ed_P

Stryder, I see your Vonage adapter is after your router. That works ok for you? The install for mine indicated it was to go between the modem and the router which is where I have it. Are there any advantages to configuring the way you have it?

GolfProRM

Mine is just like Peachy's except I only have 1 PC hooked directly to the router (My brother's)... Have two hooked up to a wired switch in the other room (mine and my fiancee's) B)

Stryder

Hi EdP. Sorry..... I missed your post or I would have replied earlier.I have the Cisco ATA 186. It works perfectly behind the router. Vonage now comes with the Motorola VT1000 instead of the Cisco. So if you are using the Moto, I have had no experience with it and can't give you any first hand knowledge. Go look at the VOIP forums at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip . Lots of hands on experiences over there.

jar92380
network.jpgPlease forgive the ghetto diagramsJames

Temmu

the internet --> sonet oc-192 --> Cisco ONS 15454 supporting four-fiber BLSR/MS-SPR restoration --> channel bank --> cisco secure pix firewall --> The Cisco 7600 Series router --> MyPc --> SAN (to hold downloads...)(in my dreams!) :D

BarryB

Not the best layout..kind of mixed wired ethernet, Phoneline network and wireless added for good measure..but all route through the FR114 routerInternet>>> SB4200 Cable Modem>>>>NetGear FR114 Router FR114 to..HP Pavilion 7935FR114 >>> NetGear PE102(x2)>>> Netgear Switch.... to... HPVl420....SystemaxAMD64FR114 >>>> D-Link 900AP+(No1)>>> to Tosbia4010..Gateway2300..DellD800 (latops)..emachine 466id...HP6468...Compaq7478(upstairs Desktops)FR114 >>> Dlink 900AP+ (No1)>>> D-linkAP+(No2)>>>>> 3com 26 Port Hub to HPxl844.....MACPowerPC8600...PowerSpec233Cyrix....Packardbell1700....Dell Optiplex(the garage gang!)

epp_b

Simple setup: two comptuers, router and modem (computers are networked with file & print sharing over NetBEUI). I used to have a laptop as a third computer.computer_network_diagram.png