--> PCLos prev 6 is pulled !!!!!! < --

Bruno

PCLos version 6 is pulled !!!From PCLos forum:

Trust me the offical pre6 aint out yet when you see texstar make a news posting then you will know the offical ver is outthere was a ver floating around but it had 2 show stopers in them and the iso was pulled
:D Bruno

I saw where folks had downloaded it before it was up and posted on the site. I also saw problems with the lilo and with the hard drive formatting. Based on all of this, should we install with this one or let it ride?Julia :D

I would wait for the Official preview 6 and download/install it again . . . . . . . :lol:This CD goes in the bin . . . . ;):D Bruno

I'm not going to toss it in the bin. It still makes a great live CD. I tested it on the Dells at school today and it ran flawlessly. I believe the problems all revolve around the hard drive installation.Julia :D

I am sure you will download the REAL Prev 6 when it is there Julia ! . . . . . .LOL :w00t:We were all fooled . . . . . . and to eager to be the first on the block :D . . . . . You can say what you want but we at ATL were the first to have it !! :lol::D Bruno

I didn't have problems with Lilo and if I run it as root, everything works like charm.I even installed Gnome 2.6 and all is ok.Problem with mine installation was that I can not type in terminal/konsole.No matter what I do as a user it is no go.I deleted and recreated different users with all kinds of permissions ans such.I even installed zsh different shell and ash instead of bash but no way.As root everything is ok.I have no patience and time to fight it as I am playing with new Fedora 2 core right now so this CD goes to bin :D :D

Well I downloaded it but did not have time to install it. Guess I will make sure that I install it on a fresh test hard drive on one of my test machines just to see what happens.. :D Mel :D

Here is the official explanation from Tex:

PCLinuxOS P6 HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED. I posted a test iso for some peopleon IRC to test and there were some showstoppers and it was removed. An official announcement will be posted when a good iso is ready fordownload.
;):) Bruno