Rethinking Quantum Mechanics

When I start reading about quantum mechanics, my brain starts hurting.

The best impression I get at this point is that scientists really don't understand the nature of the quantum level.

It seems they are like psychologists....

Adam

• Like 1

When I start reading about quantum mechanics, my brain starts hurting.

The best impression I get at this point is that scientists really don't understand the nature of the quantum level.

It seems they are like psychologists....

Adam

My extremely limited understanding was that at the quantum level, everything is based on probability--Schrodinger's Cat isn't alive or dead until the box is opened and the cat is observed. The older interpretation explored in this article seems to dispute that. I understand very little but find it fascinating. And you're in good company, from what I've read, it made Einstein's brain hurt sometimes too. Edited by ebrke
  • Like 1

There was a bee. It flew . Then it fell. Was replaced with a butterfly. Nobody saw. Nobody heard .

Better check your storm-shelter.

Roses have no scent until you become aware of them.

Quantum mechanics get 30$ and hour working on quantums. Has anyone ever seen a quantum.

No. But we all know the Sash-squash.

He's the guy who holds the tools for the Quantum mechanics.

Who get 30$ per hour bi-linear.

My extremely limited understanding was that at the quantum level, everything is based on probability--Schrodinger's Cat isn't alive or dead until the box is opened and the cat is observed. The older interpretation explored in this article seems to dispute that. I understand very little but find it fascinating. And you're in good company, from what I've read, it made Einstein's brain hurt sometimes too.

Yeah,it is one common example. Once you start getting to subatomic level things really start to break down in ways I cannot understand.

While I was reading above linked article,it came to mind :- A battery

Charged, discharged, pre-assembled. In all states it's a battery. but also carries the random potential to be something else.

So it's there, now ,in the future,or never has been .

Reality :- A construct of the psyche as an antidote to fear of the inherent and total chaos of the universe that surrounds us ,of which we have no absolute relationship.

The human race .Must name ,catalog,delineate,and have what may appear to be choice in life. All random factors.

the quantum of possibilities.

IS.... WAS....MAYBE....

We have all the answers within us , It's just that we do not have the eyes to see nor the ears to hear .

The more we probe the greater the expansion of the cortex.

If you told our Great great grand parents about atomic engineering ,They would give you a look and most likely take you to the doctor.

• Like 1

pretty much it, capt. crow.

i believe man has become less and less intelligent through the millennium.

progress is built on the old ones' knowledge.

can't remember the arab mathematician's name from the middle ages, but he described calculus centuries before europeans did. had he not been accidentally murdered, calculus would have changed our destiny & we may be living among the stars by now.

And wasn't it the Maya who first used the concept of zero in mathematics?

The strangest thing is that for hundreds of years man navigated the open ocean with nothing more than < his nose ,a piece of string,and a graded measuring stick with a hole near one end. >

Today no-one can get anywhere without GPS .Millions of gigabytes of data. The list is very long .

Have we advanced .. I think not .. We now have to have machines to do our calculations .How is the power hungry calculator more advanced than the old mechanical comptometer.

The only true advance made in the last 100 years is the internet. which really does facilitate communication between people instantaneously over the globe .That is a very good thing .

Almost everything we have today is a derivative of something built in the last century .

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

The advance of Technology, like rust, waits for no one.... never sleeps...

Edited by LilBambi