But Friday the 13th was Yesterday!

Found out this morning that the musty smell in my basement that I had been blaming on the wet, cool weather we've been having was in fact a water leak from the new furnace I had installed 3 weeks ago. Okay, I know the guys who put the furnace in pretty well and they're a small outfit and were responsive--they were here in about an hour and a half and finally found out what the problem was: a small piece of the styrofoam packaging from the furnace had lodged in a pipe and blocked the drain from the humidifier. I've got a slightly soggy patch of indoor/outdoor carpet and a stain on a small piece of quarter-round outside the furnace room but really no big deal, so I smiled and thanked them for coming so fast. Then I figure I'll put a space heater there for a while to start the drying process and then replace that with a fan in a couple of hours. I plug in the space heater and 2 minutes later the basement lights and TV my mother is watching go out--apparently TV, lights and heater were too much for that circuit. :angry: I unplug the heater, dig up a flashlight and finally find the right breaker switch to turn everything on again. So now I've got the fan going hoping to dry everything out and I'm sitting here thinking "but YESTERDAY was Friday the 13th".

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Oh, man...that really stinks!

Yes, yesterday was Friday the 13th...so can't blame it on that. ;)

Life dishes up some bad things other days of the year too...

Luck is a very thin wire between survival and disaster, and not many people can keep their balance on it.

~ Hunter S. Thompson

Guest LilBambi

Interesting tidbit according to National Geographics:

A full moon coinciding on Friday the 13th is not all that uncommon, occurring every three or so years.

But having the combination of a honey moon and Friday the 13th is rare, last occurring on June 13, 1919, according to the popular astronomy site Universe Today. We'll have to wait until June 13, 2098, for the next one.

June 14th is Flag Day regardless of the day of the week it falls on. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

What's a "honey moon?"

Ah... a full moon in June. Learn something new every day, I do. I never heard that one before. Interesting. :)

• Like 1

Honey Moon .. Keeps a shining in June. Elvis song . Funny enough I took a photo of the moon through the window last nite . Will post it here 2moro.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Honey Moon .. Keeps a shining in June. Elvis song . Funny enough I took a photo of the moon through the window last nite . Will post it here 2moro.

A moon shot, you might say. Eh? ;)