Brave hawk

securitybreach

securitybreach

So I was out cruising on my bicycle and rode past a hawk. On my way back (10 minutes later), he was still standing there. I didn't have my phone on me so I went home to get it. Oddly enough, the hawk was still there. I walked up slowly and took it's picture. As I am doing this, an old man drives by and stops to take a picture too. Then a woman also walks up and takes pictures. I thought maybe the hawk was sick but it seems like he was having lunch. He had a squirrel in his talons.

6AQyspR.jpg

pYJL5kE.jpg

• Like 1

abarbarian

Neat. I love raptors, they are so streamlined and all have that don't give a stuff about anything air about them. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Beautiful birds of prey for sure.

And they do have to eat. Odd that he would choose to stay right there by the side of the road like that. You would think he would take it off somewhere but maybe he didn't have as good a hold on it as he would have liked originally and had no choice.

securitybreach

Well that street is more like an alley with fields on both sides and not much traffic but yeah, wierd that he was just hanging out

Hawks seem fearless. I love to watch them in the sky. They regularly pass through my backyard, as if it's McDonald's drive-thru, picking up doves from the feeder. One was sitting on the fencepost a couple of years ago, and I walked out and waved my arms about 15 feet from it. It just looked at me, dismissed me as insignificant, and looked away. I left, properly put in my place.

I think they'll eat on the spot if they're really hungry, otherwise they'll take it with them. Once in a great while, I'll have one on the ground feeding but not often.

Edited by ebrke
  • Like 2