RIP Efrem Zimbalist Jr.

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Star of ‘77 Sunset Strip’ and ‘The F.B.I.’, Is Dead at 95 - NYTimes

Efrem_Zimbalist_Jr._1971.JPG

I loved him in all his shows:

77 Sunset Strip,

The F.B.I.,

Maverick,

Batman: The Animated Series

I enjoyed his daughter, Stephanie Zimbalist in Remington Steele too - opposite Pierce Brosnan ! She definitely seemed to be trying to take after her Dad in the types of sleuth/detective shows. Sure he was pleased with her.

Rest in Peace Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family during this loss. No matter how full one's life is, it's still a great loss to the family and friends... and fans.

V.T. Eric Layton

95... WOW! He done good. I like him. Always had a crush on Stephanie, too.

R.I.P. Mr. Zimbalist

Ever wonder who Efrem Zimbalist Sr. was? Turns out he was a world famous concert violinist who also lived into his mid 90s.

EZ III is a magazine publisher.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

It's known as having your world move on. It's a common occurrence, unfortunately.

V.T. Eric Layton

That's probably why my minimal television viewing these days seems to be made up entirely of PBS programs or retro-type TV stations playing old B&W movies and 1950s-60s serials.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yes, I like docs, too. I've watched quite a few this past week, actually.... all on the Vietnam War.

Do you have cable? There is some great stuff on basic (mostly AMC, TNT and FX).

The Walking Dead (done for the season), The Americans, Fargo, Turn, Bates Motel.

V.T. Eric Layton

Nope. Swore off that waste of $$$ back in '99. I was coming home after 14 hours in a Sears Service van and falling asleep in front of my TV for a few hours each evening. I calculated that I was spending $1.85/day to nap in front of my TV. I canceled the next day and I've never looked back. I did like Turner Classic Movies and AMC back then, though. I also liked having baseball to watch. Now I have to resort to illegal offshore streaming sites for that stuff. Er, what? Who said that?

I've lived here so long I don't even know what cable costs (it's part of my condo assessments).

I looked into a HD package and found that Comcast/Xfinity doesn't even publish the rates. You have to call them and negotiate a rate.

Fortunately my basic package includes free local channel HD.

The cable HD scam

• Like 1

We just ended up dropping our cable TV service and instead get Netflix and Hulu. Some commercials on Hulu, and Netflix is commercial free. It does the trick for us. :)

Adam

Guest LilBambi

We don't do cable TV or cable from the sky. We get the locals via terrestrial air waves as is our right without all the double dipping by the cable companies.

Really annoying. The Content Providers which have taken over the ISPs want to do the same thing with the Internet.

Cluttermagnet

In my suburban neighborhood, if you let your cable subscription go (cancel), they eventually

do a hard disconnect of your cable drop out front (Comcast). All I subscribe to is high speed

internet, anyway- the minimal package. We do have those crappy direct broadcast digital TV

stations in our metro area, however. I have two converter boxes for them. I can get at least

2-3 dozen channels that way, good enough for me. If I want the whole cable TV thing I can

see all I want over at Betty's. She pays a fortune for her Comcast 'package'.

I've lived here so long I don't even know what cable costs (it's part of my condo assessments).

I looked into a HD package and found that Comcast/Xfinity doesn't even publish the rates. You have to call them and negotiate a rate.

Fortunately my basic package includes free local channel HD.

The cable HD scam

P.S. I sure do remember Efrem Zimbalist, Jr from 60's TV!

Life seemed so much simpler in those days...

Edited by Cluttermagnet

Got so sick of the mind boggling tripe on tv I lost the cool and threw the box out into the backyard , I must salvage the copper out of it. Then I'll use the case to grow some strawbs. Get some legitimate use out of the darn thing

:devil: :devil: :devil:

• Like 1