Talk about Obscene CEO Salaries!

V.T. Eric Layton

Guest LilBambi

Yeah, I know...

The 15 Highest-Paid CEOs In America - BusinessInsider:

Chief executives in America get paid more than CEOs anywhere else in the world, often bringing in annual compensation packages worth millions of dollars.

In the last three decades, CEO pay grew at a faster rate than any other top executive. In fact, CEOs were paid 273 times more than their average employee in 2012, according to a study by the Economic Policy Institute. Oftentimes, these highly paid CEOs can count on their hefty paychecks whether their companies are doing well or poorly.

Ten Highest Paid CEOs - Forbes:

Highest-Paid Bosses

The CEOs of America's 500 biggest companies got a collective pay raise of 16% last year earning total compensation of $5.2 billion. That's an average $10.5 million apiece. Exercised stock options and vested stock awards account for 60% of total pay for this group of 500 firms. Those components of compensation is the reason these CEOs are on list of highest-paid.

Stop Obsessing Over Exorbitant CEO Pay - Slate:

Last weekend the New York Times published its annual list of executive compensation, with Oracle’s Larry Ellison topping the charts at $78.4 million (and Disney’s Bob Iger in a distant second, at $34.3 million). Pay packages have increased by an average of 9 percent since 2012, continuing a steady and spectacular rise even as average wages in the United States and throughout much of the developed world have stagnated.

BOLD colored emphasis mine.

Edited by LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

I could live like never before in my life with only 1/40th or even 1/80th of just their average increase of $10.5 Million (that was EACH by the way!)

V.T. Eric Layton

stocks are horrible for business, forcing them to make horrible business decisions just to appease stock holders.

As mom used to say when I whined about something as a child, "Tough t*ttie said the kitty, but the milk's OK."

Being at the mercy of voting stockholders is a company's burden for going public in order to garner all that public money to expand and run the company. It's the price the company pays for the milk it gets.