Some [big] Win 8.1 tweaks coming......

ross549

http://gizmodo.com/windows-8-1-update-hands-on-terrific-tweaks-for-the-m-1556697548

[quote]The update will start rolling out automatically to Windows 8.1 users on April 8th. Vanilla Windows 8 users can find it in the Windows Store as part of their 8.1 update.[/quote]

Interesting stuff....
  • Like 1

Guest LilBambi

I am waiting to see how it all plays out ... especially the way overdue Start Menu return. But all the rest, I am liking the mouse centric changes.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, the boys from Liverpool were smokin' something funky for that one, huh? To really appreciate No. 9, though, you have to listen to it backwards. :ermm:

http://youtu.be/PG0wksBzKSc

It's all a matter of interpretation. :devil:

And if you weren't replying to my post, Fran... nevermind. ;)

I did read a suggestion that people disable Automatic Updates and wait a short time to see if any problems surface with this update.

V.T. Eric Layton

9 has many meanings these days, Eric... :yes:

That has the sound of some cryptic abarbarian replies. ;)

Guest LilBambi

What you should know about Windows 8.1 Update - Woody Leonhard - WindowsSecrets.com (part of the free portion of the newsletter)

The soon-to-be-released Windows 8.1 Update brings minor improvements that favor those using a mouse — in other words, most Win8 users.

Anyone currently on Windows 8.1 will want the update; those who still haven’t made the Modern plunge won’t be impressed.

Well worth reading as well.

Thankfully, I can skip v8/8.1 and all its updates as I did Vista. (I'm one of the few who ran ME problem-free for several years).

Thankfully, I can skip v8/8.1 and all its updates as I did Vista. (I'm one of the few who ran ME problem-free for several years).

WoW! How did you manage to run winME for years? I'm surprised MSFT didn't get in touch with you.

My main problem with msVista was that the system would gunk up and slow to 1995 level every couple of months and I'd need a re-install.

One thing about W8.1 I hope does not get messed up is that I can keep it running far , far longer than even W7 without the system slowing down due to accumulated gunk.

- o, but it's true! both can only open 1 window at a time!

I know it's true, but just the matter-of-fact way you said it cracked me up.