Rainy Days and Toothaches

V.T. Eric Layton

securitybreach

Well based upon your income, you get monthly tax breaks. Mine would cost $237.30 but I get $230 monthly credit.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, I don't qualify either because my income is below poverty level. I have to turn to State of Florida options of Medicaid. Unfortunately, the State of Florida's fine Legislature and Governor decided that, even though they get tax-payer subsidized excellent medical care for themselves and their families for about $8/month, there was no need to provide any help to the poorer citizens of the State at this time. They turned down $55 billion of financial assistance from the Federal Gov to assist in paying for Medicaid for these unfortunates. By turning that down, the State left 1.8 million Floridians out there swingin' in the breeze.

Ooops! Getting into that political realm again. Sorry. Some topics just torque me off. :(

I found some low (or no) cost dental options here in Tampa earlier today. Now I just have to get up the nerve to go stand in line for hours and tell humiliating stories about how I can't find a job or pay my bills. FUN!

NOT fun :'( Don't know what the options are, but maybe some are more compassionate than others and don't humiliate the people who come to them. Heaven knows, there're lots of people in real need these days.
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

1. many states want to stay as far away from obama-care-less as possible due to the dramatically huge fiscal losses they'd incur (yes, including fed subsidies.)

(please recall that's why hospitals have to screw, i mean charge, so much - because of mandated emergency room care.)

2. a very large group of folks would rather be penalized (what an odd sounding occurrence...) than pay for obama-care-less.

(the penalization (huh, there it goes again...) is cheaper than the so-called health care.)

I don't agree, but then... that's why we don't discuss religion or politics here at Scot's after all, right? ;)

Guest LilBambi

OK, is there a technology related, non inflamatory political comment?

If not, we are now definitely getting outside the realm of even remotely political commentary on the forums as Eric noted earlier...