Here's How My Day Started...

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

A couple years ago, after doing a bathroom remodeling job for my niece, she gave me a nearly-new (and expensive - $250+) Kohler Devonshire pedestal sink like this one...

koh_bba00340.jpg

Here's what mine looks like after me dropping a bottle of aftershave in it this morning...

brokebacksink-031914_zps6579eecb.jpg

The aftershave bottle didn't break.

Oh, well... I'll just have to wash and brush teeth in the kitchen now. sad.png

V.T. Eric Layton

Not easily. My brother seems to think it can be done, but the way the pieces broke, they have to be pulled up from inside the hole and epoxied in some way. I don't know if it would work or be leak proof.

securitybreach

Well if you could get them in place, I think you could easily make is leak proof with epoxy or something similar from Home Depot or Lowes.

And it's not even Monday! Hope one of the solutions linked earlier will help. I remember I couldn't believe it when a bottle of olive oil fell from a shelf and took a piece out of my ceramic tile kitchen floor. Bottle was intact (thankfully--nearly a quart of olive oil would have been an unbelieveable mess).

Edited by ebrke
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Of course, I needed my morning splash of aftershave. I wanted to smell good for the kitties, after all. ;)

We're going to make an epoxy attempt sometime this week. My brother and I are masters of the improvisational fix. Poverty hones that skill. :(

I like the plastic basin bowl idea... if worse comes to worse. ;)

You could glue a finger holder to the pieces to allow you to pull them up into place.Superglue or some such that comes of with hot water.Plasticine might do. Plasticine stubs sticking out from the side o f the fragments would allow you to rest them in place whilst they set.

Or if you are handy with fibreglass you could roughly glue the pieces in place. Them make a funky new covering for the bowl. Fibreglass is a bit messy to use but would be pretty funky especially if you added some colour to the top coat of the fibreglass.

:whistling:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, we enjoy our "projects" at his daughter's house and my aunts' houses, or our own places. We have fun fixing stuff like this. You should hear about the "back doors" one of these days. I really should write up a little story about them. :yes:

• Like 1