NSA - GCHQ "Optic Nerve"

crp

V.T. Eric Layton

I'd bet some of those pics are scary. All they'll get off my web cam (on my laptop) is the back side of a smiley face sticker that I've had over the lens since I started using that machine. ;)

Guest LilBambi

I keep a piece of shirt board with a piece of electrical tape over my webcam when not in use on the laptop.

I don't plugin the one on the computer unless I need it.

Period.

;)

Web cams disabled in BIOS on the three netbooks and Post IT™ snippets pasted over the lens just in case there is a way to enable it.

I've read band aids are good to use because they, like the Post ITs, leave no residue. I usually travel with band aids so that will work too.

One of the high schools around here was turning webcams on in student computers at home. Ever since I read that coupled with the news story that Aaron's, a rental company was doing the same thing, I decided I need to make the web cam non-functioning to outsiders.

Guest LilBambi

Yep, tiny thin shirt board square and electrical tape works great too since it is totally reusable after many times of removing and replacing it.

V.T. Eric Layton

Nah, I'd just have to take your eyes with me.

You just want them for all my biometric passwords. Are you a secret NSA operative?