Dreamweaver Quirks

teacher

<div id="Layer4" style="position:absolute; left:0px; top:157px; width:153px; height:1155px; z-index:4; background-color: #339933; layer-background-color: #339933; border: 1px none #000000; overflow: hidden;">

I am trying to make this width a percentage such as 20% so it will not matter what size screen is used to view it. I change the pixels to percentages and after I apply it, I find it back at pixels.Is there an easy way to do this? What am I missing? I know when I used to do pure html I could do it without a problem.Julia :lol:

Which version of Dreamweaver are you using? I copied your code to Dreamweaver MX 2004 and DMX2004 doesn't set it back to pixels when I close and open it. If you are having problems may be just take out the inline style and stick it in an external stylesheet or in the style tag in the head tag.

It is Dreamweaver MX. I have had it a year so it must be an earlier than 2004 version.They really want the style that is used for this one so I would have to find something with the same set up. They just called and want it up today. I had been waiting for feedback (for over a month) so it is going up for the moment the way it is.Julia

obviously it's something in the way Dreamweaver MX handles layers. I suspect that if you wrote it in notepad and not edit the page in DMX it would be fine.

The funny thing is this morning it held. I would have gone with notepad but I was trying to avoid using tables as that was the best way I knew to set it up in notepad. I need to update my skills this summer.Julia :)