Today's Foxfire question

zlim

Before I ask my question, let me just tell what happened. Firefox did not import my IE bookmarks, even though it supposedly should. I found a workaround. A friend told me to look for a free file callled ftbab (favorites to bookmarks) which I found and used. Last night I finally decided to delete Firebird. Whether I should have saved profiles, I did not. It worked out well in one respect...after Firebird was removed, Firefox had all my IE bookmarks!!! I don't understand but am grateful.Now my question...I have been reading and searching and I know there must be a way but darned if I've been able to find it. How do I add some of my own bookmarks to the bookmark toolbar? Either explain or throw a link, I'll be glad to read - if I know where to look. :blink:I found it. :sweatingbullets: I went to one of the links in the default Bookmark toolbar, the help forum, and searched. I finally found a post with 3 steps. The customize, moving around option did not work at all. In fact, I checked to see if something was locked. I also could not figure out how to add items to the Bookmark toolbar sooooo I finally settled on the following:Click on Bookmarks/Manage BookmarksI selected my Links folder then View?Set as Bookmarks Toolbar folderThen I can just drag the links around to the order I want them in.I still haven't figured out how I can add/remove any items to this toolbar.

I still haven't figured out how I can add/remove any items to this toolbar.
Is it the bookmark toolbar you're referring too? If it is simply click add bookmark and choose bookmark toolbar folder as the destination folder to save it to.To customize firefox toolbars right click and customize.Unfortunately not much options this method.The more powerful editing in firefox is done through the config files.Here's one link you could check:Firefox Tips and Tricks

Thanks. I think I'm starting to figure out a few things (slow learner here). I clicked on Bookmarks/Manage Bookmarks and then I can highlight something and select move or delete. The window that came up when I selelcted move was so tiny, now that I've expanded it, I can see what I'm doing.This will keep me busy for a few hours until I discover something else that isn't working (like Sun Java). I installed it twice but I guess it got erased away when I deleted the Firebird profiles. It complains that there is something wrong with my Mozilla (I have 1.6).