Woe is Linux. Woe is Me

Peachy

Greg, Cookie, great to see you both posting. :) I like what you said Cookie but I think you may be missing one important piece of the puzzle. Linux does not need to market itself. I believe as I am sure many others do that Linux is perfectly content with just being Linux. The community is not really putting any effort into being mainstream and competing with Microsoft or Apple. If you use Linux and find it useful great, if you don't, theh community is not going to have hurt feelings. So far Linux has done VERY good for themselves with out marketing at all. Can't deny the fact that Linux reins supreme in regards to Network servers. Google, Amazon, to just to name a couple of the most known companies who continue to put their services (and faith) on Linux servers. ;)

I like my system being regulary updated. That is why I run Arch. Arch does not come out with a new version ever. It just continues to build upon what it is via updates to different packages. Windows is updated constantly with security patches and updates to it's own packages. Every few years or so, they come out with a "new" version. Vista? What the heck were they thinking there? LOL But I think they hit the mark with Windows 7. 8 is it's own animal and I have not messed with it yet. But like your Dad, MOST people just want to turn that computer on and do what they need to do. I have run into so many people that can not even tell me what version of Windows they are running when they ask me about a problem. I will ask, are you running XP, Vista, 7 etc, they are like I don't know. That there speaks volumes. It turns on CHECK, Facebook comes up when I click on the Internet Explorer icon CHECK, email is there when I select my email program CHECK....All is well in there world until they can't CHECK anymore. Then they call Lil Bambi LOL :)

• Like 2