A reiserfs STORAGE Drive

kamicota

Aparently /dev/hda9 was already mounted . . because you made a TYPO !! You typed: # mount /devhda9 /mnt/hda9 and it should have been # mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/hda9 . . . but forget that part . . . close kwrite and try:

# kedit /mnt/hda9/etc/fstab

. . . . and put the line in and save . . .Then show me :

# cat /mnt/hda9/etc/fstab

:whistling: Bruno

You type the command "kedit /mnt/hda9/etc/fstab" in a console . . that brings up the GUI . . with a menubar where you can save in the menu . . :whistling: Bruno

Then try this:

# mount /dev/hda9 /mnt/hda9

Does that give an errormessage ?:whistling: Bruno

Edited by Bruno

linux:~ # cat /mnt/hda9/etc/fstabcat: /mnt/hda9/etc/fstab: No such file or directorylinux:~ # mount /devhda9 /mnt/hda9mount: special device /devhda9 does not existlinux:~ #Curiouser & Curiouser DOES Suse show its partitions different to PCLOs :whistling: Colin

Good . . now in a console:

# kedit /mnt/hda9/etc/fstab

This will bring up a GUI . . . Add the line and save . . . then in the console again:

OOPS this kame up in Kwrite### entries below this line were automatically added by LiveCD installnone /proc proc defaults 0 0none /dev devfs defaults 0 0# fd: H1440none /mnt/fd0 supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=udf:iso9660,user,exec,rw,noauto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda1, size=12289662, type=11: FAT32 (primary)/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat user,exec,rw,auto,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda5, size=24579387, type=11: FAT32 (extended)/dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 vfat user,exec,rw,auto,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda6, size=2056257, type=11: FAT32 (extended)/dev/hda6 /mnt/hda6 vfat user,exec,rw,auto,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda7, size=20482812, type=387: Journalised FS: ReiserFS (extended)/dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 reiserfs user,exec,rw,auto,notail,noatime 0 0# /dev/hda8, size=1927737, type=130: Linux swap (extended)/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0# cdrom: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4081Bnone /mnt/hdc supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=udf:iso9660,user,exec,ro,noauto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0,nohide 0 0Colin

Brilliant now add the line:

/dev/hda9 / reiserfs notail,noatime,notail,noatime 0 0

And SAVE the file . . . then in the console again:

Shoot it even gave me this before I pressed ENTERlinux:~ # cat /mnt/hda9/etc/fstab### entries below this line were automatically added by LiveCD installnone /proc proc defaults 0 0none /dev devfs defaults 0 0# fd: H1440none /mnt/fd0 supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=udf:iso9660,user,exec,rw,noauto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda1, size=12289662, type=11: FAT32 (primary)/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat user,exec,rw,auto,iocharset=iso8859-1,co depage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda5, size=24579387, type=11: FAT32 (extended)/dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 vfat user,exec,rw,auto,iocharset=iso8859-1,co depage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda6, size=2056257, type=11: FAT32 (extended)/dev/hda6 /mnt/hda6 vfat user,exec,rw,auto,iocharset=iso8859-1,co depage=850,umask=0 0 0# /dev/hda7, size=20482812, type=387: Journalised FS: ReiserFS (extended)/dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 reiserfs user,exec,rw,auto,notail,noatime 0 0# /dev/hda8, size=1927737, type=130: Linux swap (extended)/dev/hda8 swap swap defaults 0 0# cdrom: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4081Bnone /mnt/hdc supermount dev=/dev/hdc,fs=udf:iso9660,user,exec,ro ,noauto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0,nohide 0 0/dev/hda9 / reiserfs notail,noatime,notail,noatime 0 0linux:~ #Colin

Now Now :P BrunoWe ARE in PCLos AGAIN THANK YOU B) :D :D :wub: :lol: :hug: :fish: :bounce: :harhar: :medic: :worthy: B) B) :flowers: WORDS fail Me BrunoAnd that is KNOT an easy thing for an INTENSE Scorpio :wub: :hug: :hug: :hug: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: You ARE a SPECIAL B) B) :D NOW I'm more confused that ever PCLOS IS :wub: :wub: :hug: :hug: :clap: :clap: :clap: my Linux of choice thanks to you and the ForumDO I eliminate SUSE and use it as a repositery for my backups of Photos/Paintings/Writngs/Downloads especially as i haveG or so on Windows D driveBut If I had NOT had Suse installed PCLos could NOT have been recoveredAm I ever learning the hard way of 'Thy Will" NOT "My Will"Colin :D :D :D

I fixed the posts for you Colin . . . :DGlad you are back in PCLos . . . .< soapbox > . . . . Now would you be willing to take my advice ? . . . Keep SUSE and PCLos on your computer . . you need them both to fix the mistakes you make . . . LOL . . . First try to learn more about PCLos and about the commands and the console . . . . We have a hard time fixing things this way . . . . Do not try other dirsto's for a while . . no experiments . . just learn from what you have now before you take the next step ! . . . . < stepping of my soapbox >Very happy for you !!B) Bruno

Thought you MUST be the :D :D :D And YES I was fast coming to that point of View :fish: :clap: :clap: :lol: leave Suse on BUT boy I have to Find out How to Upgrade SUSE the same as PCLos :bounce: :hug: :hug: :hug: Because all I keep getting with "YOU" is one package each time I tryMind PCLos :hug: :hug: :hug: Is now a favourite BUT boy those Commands to a "Lindows Look-a-Like" "Click-&-Run" :wub: :wub: :wub: has me with a FEW :wub: :D :P :medic: :worthy: :clap: :harhar: :D PALPITATIONSAnd BRUNO that was NO SOAPBOX it was WORDS B) B) :flowers: of WISDOM B) B) :D form a VERY CARING SOULCheers for YearsColin :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

You are welcome Colin . . . I was glad I could help . . . . . . . . ( but a need a break now . . am exhausted . . . :D )B) Bruno