Search Engines Don't Work

jodef

I can enter websites into the address bar and locate and access them.If I use the search function next to the address bar results show up however let's say I navigate to www.yahoo.com or www.google.com and enter a search term in their search bar pressing go results in nothing.No activity no search results.Very strange I have never encountered this before.Using Slackware 9.1 and Galeon works without problem if am not mistaken Galeon uses mozilla engine so what am I missing?

Thats a really...strange problem.I'm stumped...have you tried clearing your cache? I'm not so sure it will do anything, but it can't hurt.

Johann, is this in Slackware?If so, Mozilla 1.6 is available through swaret (current). I highly recommend it :) Is the problem when you use the mouse to hit the search button? Or when you hit the enter key? Or both?

Johann, is this in Slackware?If so, Mozilla 1.6 is available through swaret (current). I highly recommend it  :) Is the problem when you use the mouse to hit the search button? Or when you hit the enter key? Or both?
Yeah Neil this is Slackware 9.1 I am updating right now I hope it helps.The problem occurs when I try to use search function of a website both keyboard and mouse.If nothing else works I'll try uninstalling and setting up Fb.

I'm glad it worked! Did you uninstall and reinstall Moz 1.6 or 1.4? Even if you did reinstall 1.4, I'd recommend bumping to 1.6. Tons of new fixes since 1.4.Actually, I recommend Firefox over Moz anyday. Unless you need the mail too, but there is always Thunderbird for that. :whistling:

Neil firefox is my mainstay however it takes me a while to get around to configuring everything.This is my 10th Slack install you think I would have a plan for updating.Anyway my joy was shortlived it only works in the root account in my other account the problem exists still really really strange :w00t:

SonicDragon
This is my 10th Slack install you think I would have a plan for updating.
If you make your partitions so you have /, /home, and /usr on different partitions, you can reinstall slackware without messing up too many of your settings ;)You still haven't answered steeler's question though. Did you install 1.4 or 4.6?