In search of a cure for DDoS attacks

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi
In search of a cure for DDoS attacks
You may not be aware that your business and personal Internet connections can be indiscriminately targeted for a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack at the whim of just about any other Internet user to whom your connection's IP address is exposed. What may also come as a surprise to you is that there isn't much you can do about it--not technically or legally.Despite DDoS attacks violating legal statutes, the "law" and even your ISP may prove to be uninterested in your plight, as they were in mine when my Internet connection was singled out for such an attack. Unlike other Internet vulnerabilities like viruses and spam, there are no patches, personal firewalls, or other technical measures that business or individuals using DSL or cable modem-based Internet connections can take that will guarantee immunity from such transgressions. As far as I can tell, no agency or organization has taken on this vulnerability as an action item that needs to be addressed.