From the stupid criminal file

ibe98765

Police: Woman Tried to Pass Fake $1M BillMar 9, 10:40 AM (ET)COVINGTON, Ga. (AP) - A woman was caught trying to use a fake $1 million bill to buy $1,675 worth of merchandise at a Wal-Mart, and was later found with two more of the bills in her purse, police said.The United States Treasury does not make $1 million bills, but people can buy souvenirs of such a bill at some stores, police said."It looks real, but of course there's nothing real about this," Covington Police Chief Stacey Cotton said Tuesday. "People do crazy things all the time. I think it's just another example of some odd things that occur."A clerk at the store immediately noticed the bill was fake when 35-year-old Alice Regina Pike handed it to her on Friday, Cotton said.Pike then tried to use two gift cards with only $2.32 of value on them to buy the merchandise, but when that didn't work she again asked if the clerk could cash the $1 million bill, Cotton said. The store then called police.Pike, of Porterdale, was charged with forgery. There was no listing for her phone number in directory assistance, and she could not be reached for comment Tuesday.Covington is 32 miles southeast of Atlanta.

Martini Lover

Do she really think the cashier is going to have $998,325.00 in the cash drawer?How many bags would you have to have to hold $998,325? Plastic or paper?Could you carry (drag away) $998,325?Could you get $998,325 in your car?Would you need a truck to carry $998,325?Probably 998,325 question altogether. >_<

"I'm sorry but I don't have $998,998 in the draw just right now""Darn, I told my butler to get small bills at the bank. I knew there would be a problem getting such a big bill cashed."OK, how much do you have in the draw?""Only $937""Tell you what - I'll take what you have in the draw right now. The company can get the remainder ready and I'll be back later to pick the rest of the change up."

Do you mind if I give you some of your change in $10,000 bills, I'm a little short of $100,000 bills due to the sale today. B) >_< :'( It's possible someone gave her the $1000000 bill and told her it was real. Thus she maybe stupid but not a thief. Kinda like Martha Stewart. B)

That bill in itself is funny. Ronald Regan as the president's name issuing a $200 bill with G W Bush's picture on it. The notes on the back, the number of the bill, it is hilarious. I can not imagine anyone taking more than half a second would not realize the obvious fakeness of it. Then again, I can see one of our foreign workers in a hurry (you need to speak Russian, Slovakian, or other language to work here) at the local Food Lion taking it without a thought, particularly if you were not used to our currency.Julia :'(

I think a better question is...how much of an idiot do you have to be to not know that there is no such thing as a real $100 bill?!
Ummmm.... Typo? You missed a LOT of zeros, epp_b :) :) :blink:

If there is one thing Martha isn't, it's stupid.  She wanted to thieve a little pocket change for a new shower curtain. :P
You think risking a multi-million fortune and company and life style for a few bucks is a sign of intelligence? :unsure: If she's as smart as you think, and I agree that she is indeed smart, she wouldn't have done something so stupid. Simple logic. ;)

I think a better question is...how much of an idiot do you have to be to not know that there is no such thing as a real $100 bill?!
Ummmm.... Typo? You missed a LOT of zeros, epp_b B) B) ;)
Wups.

If there is one thing Martha isn't, it's stupid.  She wanted to thieve a little pocket change for a new shower curtain. ;)
You think risking a multi-million fortune and company and life style for a few bucks is a sign of intelligence? :w00t: If she's as smart as you think, and I agree that she is indeed smart, she wouldn't have done something so stupid. Simple logic. :)
Smart people sometimes do stupid things... :w00t:

Smart people sometimes do stupid things...
The converse being stupid people sometimes do smart things. And that makes the corollary average people sometimes do average things. But what do all the people do all the other times? ;) :w00t: :w00t: