New Years Countdown

securitybreach

securitybreach

You need figlet installed (should be in your repos) but if you run this code in a terminal, you will get a nice Ascii countdown till New Years based upon :

while [[ $(date +%Y) -ne 2013 ]];do figlet $(($(date -d 2013-01-01 +%s)-$(date +%s)));sleep 1;clear;done;figlet 'Happy New Year!'

u2Jry.png

To those unable to find 'figlet' on Ubuntu, it's in 'multiverse' or also can be provided by 'toilet'. Happy New Year!

https://twitter.com/...782772067471360

V.T. Eric Layton

No fair. You really far eastern folks always get to see the sun rise before we do. ;)

Have a GREAT 2013, Roger! :yes:

sunrat

Happy New Year? Where've you been Rejean? It's almost Christmas again. ;)

Yep, only 354 days till Xmas and some people have got their trees up already! :rolleyes:

Best wishes for the rest of 011111011101. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
V.T. Eric Layton

1920 was a good year. :) 1080 not so much... still dealing with those bothersome Normans, you know. :(

• 3 weeks later...
abarbarian

Neat timer Josh.

Happy New year to you all (that includes sunrat). Sorry I'm a bit late posting but it was some party. :clap:

securitybreach

Neat timer Josh.

Happy New year to you all (that includes sunrat). Sorry I'm a bit late posting but it was some party. :clap:

Glad you liked it :)

Man I wish I would of made it to that party. A 28 day party would of been epic, as long as I could keep it up for that long. :hysterical: B)

abarbarian

Glad you liked it :)

Man I wish I would of made it to that party. A 28 day part would of been epic, as long as I could keep it up for that long. :hysterical: B)

Young 'uns, ha, no stamina. :thudna5:

• Like 1