Switch browser

Ed_P

Is it possible to invoke a specific browser using Javascript or HTML code? I use Netscape but there are a couple of websites that I visit that require Internet Explorer so I've been playing with a webpage that would automatically bring these webpages up in IE. The code I have tried is:

<OPTION VALUE="file:///C|\'Program Files'\'Internet Explorer'\iexplore.exe 'http://mail.go.com/'">        GO (EdP@GO.com)</OPTION>

but it results in an error msg saying that the file can't be found. Can it be done? :rolleyes:

Well that doesn't help. ;) I know that I have encountered websites that did indeed automatically invoke IE unfortunately I didn't disect them at the time to see how they did it and of course now I can't find any that do. ;) It can be done, I just can't figure out how. :D

There's a plugin for Firefox that adds an option to the right-click menu that says "View this page in IE"... Don't know if that would help or not

Thanks GolfProRM. :blink: It's not exactly what I was looking for, ie I have to RIGHT click on a page that I have already brought up in Netscape, but it does indeed work. :oI'd still like to pursue a coding approach. Maybe an HREF to an ASP page could invoke IE. Course I would still need to figure what to put into the ASP page.But thanks again for IEView. It's neat.

• 3 weeks later...
There's a plugin for Firefox that adds an option to the right-click menu that says "View this page in IE"...  Don't know if that would help or not
Ya know GolfProRM, I've been using that little IEView plug in almost daily! Thanks again for steering me to it. :thumbsdown: