hyperlink press

littlebone

After one posts to a thread, a screen pops up indicating that you will be returned to the forum, but if you don't want to wait, press here (or words to that effect). If that works faster, why doesn't the forum software just do whatever magic happens with the link selection all the time?

nlinecomputers
It’s just a visual note indicating that your action actually happened.
Understood. But is there a way to turn that off? I too find it highly annoying. Simply changing screens is enough to tell me that its working. Duh! I can see on the screen my search being displayed and it matches what I wanted. I'm smart enough to figure it out. If you guys can turn that off please do.

We would have to turn it off for the entire community. Some may like it, others may not.And, we can't turn it off easily with this version of the board, even if we wanted to.

nlinecomputers

Well I can't see anyone that would like that feature (Poll needed?) but I understand how turning it off can be a problem.This is one of those subjects I've been meaning to bring up and never got around to it. Glad to see I'm not the only one that finds it annoying.

I don't see what the big deal is myself - most forum software does that, so it's just not this software that does it. After you post it takes you to your post and all is good.

You get the same screen after you've logged in.I'm with havnblast...no big deal. Not much else I want to accomplish in those 3 seconds anyway.