Member ChipDoc Takes a Spill

V.T. Eric Layton

Guest LilBambi

So glad he came out of that so well. Could have been so much worse! When that happened to my Jim, left turn by someone that appeared to have seen him also. But the guy had no insurance and was driving his friend's car.

Jim ended up with various injuries; the worst of which was a severed anterior cruciate ligament.

V.T. Eric Layton

Hitting pavement at pretty much any speed is not a fun thing. Yes. I am speaking from experience. We in the biker community have a saying, "There are two kinds of bikers.... those who have and those who will bust their arses." It happens. It's the price we pay for that freedom, the breeze in our hair, and the bugs in our teeth. ;)

securitybreach

I am so glad that he was not seriously hurt. He broke his wrist but it could of been a lot worse. Good thing he had his protective gear on :thumbsup:

B)

abarbarian

Bad luck iChase. Get well soon. You had a bit of luck with the payout though it is a tough way to earn loot.

I had a similar experience in 1975, busted me right leg up pretty bad. I'm going for a minor op in a few weeks as a result of it.

:breakfast:

What sort of new cycle are you buying with the loot :th_0140:

It was not me abarbarian. So glad to hear that Paul came out of this much better then it could of been. Hang in there Paul. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Ian

securitybreach

So glad to hear that Paul came out of this much better then it could of been. Hang in there Paul. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Me too!!! :thumbup:

B)

abarbarian

It was not me abarbarian. So glad to hear that Paul came out of this much better then it could of been. Hang in there Paul. Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

Ian

Chip Chase whats in a name. Guess quite a lot if you are Chip not Chase. :wub:

Guest LilBambi

The road rash is awful stuff. Jim has some of that from an earlier encounter with a deer on a lonely stretch of road. That is great that his gear kept him from having to deal with road rash on top of his wrist and likely aches and pains associated with the jarring of the event.

Keep your chip up ChipDoc, aka Paul! Hey you might have time to do some more wonderful reading for Librivox while you are holed up for recovery? ;)

Wow that was certainly lucky as motorcycle accidents go. Seems to me one should always listen to those first thoughts like I should stop at the ATM. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for ChipDoc.

Guest LilBambi

Yep, so right Rolana!

When the deer ran out in front of Jim (they don't look or care of course), JL did the head over heels a bunch of times over the handle bars. Ended up with a dented helmet, road rash bad on his arms and a harmonica sticking out (only small amount sticking out) partway from his got that had to be removed and inside and outside stitches done in the ER. (You know, Dr comes in and see that after the nurse runs out of the ER and has him lay back, they hold him down and he goes, "that doesn't belong here" and he pulls it out).

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone! It really could have been so much worse. I'm in a lot of pain at the moment so I'll keep this short. Surgery on Wednesday morning.

Guest LilBambi

You will have to have surgery on your wrist? They couldn't just set and cast it? That sounds worse than just a simple broken wrist...But then, the wrist is not so simple a bone structure either... :medic:

Good luck on your surgery Chip! My thoughts and prayers will be with you! :hug:

I'm so glad the accident wasn't more serious. Certainly your injuries were less than they would have been without the protective clothing/helmet.

Everyone gripes about kids, but these folks acted righteously, stuck around, spoke with the cops, and helped me get my stuff home.

This was also nice to see, along with the "designated driver".

amenditman

Bad news, Good news.

Sorry to hear you're banged up. Glad it's not too serious.

Glad to hear of the righteousness.

Miracles all round. o:)