'Ring of fire' eclipse visible in US this weekend

abarbarian

http://www.tgdaily.com/space-features/63442-ring-of-fire-eclipse-visible-in-us-this-weekend

In the US, the eclipse will begin around 5:30 pm PDT and last around two hours. The greatest coverage will be at around 6:30 pm PDT. The last such eclipse to be seen in the US took place in 1994, and the next will be in 2023.

Because some of the sun is always exposed during the eclipse, the amount of daylight fall dramatically - but looking at the ground beneath leafy trees will reveal crescent-shaped sunbeams and rings of light.

Shame I'm too busy to fly over to the states to see this :(

ichase

Awesome pic Mac, that will soon be the new weeks background on my laptop. :thumbup:

Edited by ichase
abarbarian

Amazing looking!!!! Thanks for posting it mac! :thumbsup:

More over at SpaceWeather.com Gallery

Tyler-Burg-052012a_1337569908_med.jpg

By gum there are some lucky folk in this world. I'd love to have seen some of those sights in real life.

I can always use low tech if we get a ocurance over here.

oVgXe.png

Guest LilBambi

Did you see the image of the little boy with all the shadows of it coming through the sliding glass doors or windows, or something. There were shadows of it all over his shirt and all around him. It was on one the pages on the Gallery page I found over at SpaceWeather.com.

abarbarian

Did you see the image of the little boy with all the shadows of it coming through the sliding glass doors or windows, or something. There were shadows of it all over his shirt and all around him. It was on one the pages on the Gallery page I found over at SpaceWeather.com.

I did. Little guy with a green shirt and a ball. :breakfast:

ichase

Thanks Fran, it would be absolutely amazing if that were in fact a "real" picture but the artwork is amazing. This evening, it's definitely going on the laptop. Might even put it on the desk top with the dual monitors. AWESOME!!!!!

Guest LilBambi

Thanks Fran, it would be absolutely amazing if that were in fact a "real" picture but the artwork is amazing. This evening, it's definitely going on the laptop. Might even put it on the desk top with the dual monitors. AWESOME!!!!!

You're welcome Ian! :thumbsup:

Temmu

awesome pictures!

johnny cash sung, "burning rings of fire"

the inspiration for that song was him inadvertently grabbing his

"ben gay" instead of his "preparation h"

:clap: :hysterical: