Beautiful Vim Cheat-Sheet Poster

abarbarian

abarbarian

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maxcantor/beautiful-vim-cheat-sheet-poster

vim is a beautiful tool.

Unfortunately, it is about as user-friendly as a radioactive crocodile.

Thought this might interest some folk.

I guess the title should read "How to make tons of money by being a geek" as the guy has raised $ 4145 so far from 173 backers. This gives himk a commitment to produce 200 posters which works out at 4145 divided by 200 = $20.75 per poster. I found a supplier that would produce a poster for $3.52. So as a guesstimate poster production and outward shipping at a very generous $2000 this guy is on his way to making $2145 profit as a minimum.

An they say you can not make money out of GNU/.Linux

:th_1sm168massbounce: :th_waving2-1:

V.T. Eric Layton

I really need to come up with some ideas like this to make a few bucks. ;)

securitybreach

i can't even spell "app." :lol:

but am plowing thru a java book, none the less. :o

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I need to freshen up my java skills. It has been a while since I played with java.

abarbarian

Yup I'm reading about java whilst trying it out :breakfast: hoping to become an expert so that I can really enjoy it :th_thtante: :Laughing:

C# is a good alternative to Java especially in the development of native apps in Android. It actually offers high performance with less stress on battery life.

abarbarian

I really need to come up with some ideas like this to make a few bucks. ;)

You could always try this. Not mega bucks but as they say "every epic adventure satrts with one small step"

http://linuxaria.com/article/news/the-joint-contest-of-zorin-os-linuxaria-and-linux-notes-from-darkduck?lang=en&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Linuxaria_En+%28Linuxaria%C2%BB+English%29

Who can participate?

Everyone with a passion for Linux, and with some writing skills. If you’re good enough to compose a short e-mail to your friend, then you’re ready for the contest.

:tease:

V.T. Eric Layton

I've installed Zorin on a couple machines recently. I was planning on a blog review; just haven't gotten around to it. Linuxaria is run by friend Ricardo Capecchi and DarkDuck is friend Dmitry. I've known both these Linux bloggers for quite a while. Their sites are excellent. :yes:

Linuxaria - http://linuxaria.com/

DarkDuck - http://linuxblog.darkduck.com/

abarbarian

So all you got to do is a bit of typing. The really hard part will be deciding which prize to choose :laugh:

Organizers of the contest will select winners, and they will receive:

1. Disk with Zorin OS 6 Premium with all the attached support. Prize is given by Zorin OS team.
  2. 15 USD bonus at Desura or similar resource, as per your agreement with Linuxaria, who has given this prize.
  3. 10 GBP e-voucher for Amazon.co.uk site. Prize from Buy Linux CDs.
  4. CD with any Linux distribution of your choice. Prize from Linux notes from DarkDuck.
  5. 1 GB USB stick. Prize from Linux notes from DarkDuck.

V.T. Eric Layton

Nah... I'll leave the contests to the amateurs. And, as I said elsewhere, I'm too shy. ;)