Audio Problem w/ Linux Mint 12

V.T. Eric Layton

Guest LilBambi

Yes, hardware is a bit harder remote like that for sure. Remote assistance via email, phone, GoToAssist or other remote assistant clients can only do so much when it comes to hardware. My Jim and Adam have successfully done it with linux and sound card issues but they both are knowledgeable Linux users and diagnosticians by nature. That really helps, as well as being secure enough to step back or step in as needed. It's much harder with a new or relatively new Linux user.

That was part of the reason that our Bruno's gifts were so amazing! He could do it all mainly with forum posts! That is just amazing!

It is also the same gift you see in Malware Fighters like our own Admin Corrine, and BSOD experts like JC/John/jcgriff2 and others.

Like you Eric, I know because I have had to do this and yes, it can and does get done, but we understand how hard it can be.

You will win out in the end one way or another! :thumbsup:

securitybreach

Yes, hardware is a bit harder remote like that for sure. Remote assistance via email, phone, GoToAssist or other remote assistant clients can only do so much when it comes to hardware. My Jim and Adam have successfully done it with linux and sound card issues but they both are knowledgeable Linux users and diagnosticians by nature. That really helps, as well as being secure enough to step back or step in as needed. It's much harder with a new or relatively new Linux user.

That was part of the reason that our Bruno's gifts were so amazing! He could do it all mainly with forum posts! That is just amazing!

It is also the same gift you see in Malware Fighters like our own Admin Corrine, and BSOD experts like JC/John/jcgriff2 and others.

Like you Eric, I know because I have had to do this and yes, it can and does get done, but we understand how hard it can be.

You will win out in the end one way or another! :thumbsup:

Exactly :thumbup:

V.T. Eric Layton

I should have set up Remote Desktop in his Linux Mint when I still had the machine here. It would be so easy to access it from my machine here in Tampa and troubleshoot. Heck, I could custom-compile his kernel remotely if necessary. As it is, though, it's a bid difficult to explain to someone not familiar with CLI to perform the necessary commands to troubleshoot the audio. We did make some progress last night, though. I'm pretty sure it's still a driver issues or something relatively simple. Those troubleshooting links post above did give me some new items to check/test.