Superbowl Anyone?

siebkens

I usually skip the StupidBowl.Commercials are funny, but the hype makes me nauseous. The earlier playoff games and the win or go home attitude at the end of the regular season is always the best. Same with baseball. The world series is usually (but not always) a letdown. The playoffs are where the best ball is played. The penultimate game is just about the money.

I'm about to go tune in. Since it is teams from the state where I live and the area where I used to live this should be an interesting game. The commercial hype is half the fun. :w00t:--Julia B)

I don't really care who wins, but hey, it's an American tradition & the commercials are always great!  :lol:
Stupid Canadian media laws...no good commercials seen here :'( The only funny thing to watch is the half-time show - and the only thing funny about that is that the music is all crap.

And N.E. takes it! Good game. I didn't have a favorite, but I think the best team won. That 2-pointer after two attempts by the Panthers kind of indicated who had the slicker moves. Bummer...no more major holidays, no more football...Tell me again why we bother having February at all.

I watched the last 10 minutes (with one eye) because I wanted to make sure to get the VCR running correctly so I could record "Survior Allstars" (which they started at 7:53PM here on the west coast). :lol: Otherwise, the Superbowl means nothing to me. :'(

I'm really sad that the Patriots won :D :thumbsup: . I have a list of teams I hate (Its football, hating is OK):1. Cleveland (gotta hate the Browns)2. Baltimore (also gotta hate the Browns-derivative; I have a T-shirt that says

Baltimore Sucks!You can take the team out of Cleveland but you can't take the suck out of the team
; wearing it now actually, I love that shirt :D)3. New England (they just had to beat my Steelers, didn't they) Also I do not enjoy how Tom Brady is being compared to Joe Montana. He is average at best :-\Just thought I'd share the list with you. Dallas is up there too, but we basically own them ('95 nonwithstanding) :D So yeah, I don't like Tom Brady or New England, so I'm not happy all around :(PS. Mike Vrabel used to play for my Steelers...how'd he score a touchdown? He's a Linebacker... :thumbsup:

So yeah, I don't like Tom Brady or New England, so I'm not happy all around :D:
I don't understand this living vicariously through your team thing. Oh well.... :thumbsup: I'm sure Tom Brady is a pretty nice guy if you'd get to know him. :thumbsup:

So, Jeber, will you "Be my Valentine?"
Why certainly!The last time someone asked that, it was in a note left on my desk while I was at recess. :D

So yeah, I don't like Tom Brady or New England, so I'm not happy all around :D:
I don't understand this living vicariously through your team thing. Oh well.... :D I'm sure Tom Brady is a pretty nice guy if you'd get to know him. :D
It must be a Pittsburgh thing...We're all die hard fans around here. I must've learned it from my dad though, he cried when our Steelers lost the Super Bowl in 95.

SF Chronicle's TV columnist analyzes the Super Bowl commercials. Plenty of humor as always from Tim. And after the half-time show, the "boob tube" moniker for TV gains new meaning... B)

Super Bowl ads strain for cheap laughs San Francisco ChronicleTim GoodmanMonday, February 2, 2004 The question is this: Did the Super Bowl achieve some new level of cheap raunch before or after one of Janet Jackson's breasts decided to get a little fresh air? And while it took the main event more than 27 game-time minutes to get even mildly interesting, the advertising started slow and weak and kept on disappointing pretty much until the end. There were sporadic funny moments but nothing like in years past. One big difference this year was an overreliance on the kind of content that might send a prude rushing to the phone for a heated exchange with Michael Powell and the Federal Communications Commission. Bud Lite, always willing to go for the cheap laugh, kicked things off with a dog biting a man in the crotch. Now, as Americans, we love crotch jokes of almost any stripe. Whether we've grown tired of rappers grabbing their crotch in the half-time show is another matter. Full article

And this breaking headline from Mike's listJanet Jackson Single Spills Out for Public Enjoyment :( What were they thinking?!?!That was a rhetorical question - I don't really want to know! LA LA LA LA LA (while covering ears & eyes!!) :(