Thunderbird... ANGRY

Arena2045

I'm asking because an administrator at my internship flips out and calls me every time it comes up (read that as: every day!). He does not want it to automatically download new messages at startup... I've tried every setting I can thing of, I'm stuck.

Under "Tools/options/general, I have Mail Start Page set to "chrome://messenger/locale/start.html", and it opens to my inbox. Then under Tools/Account Settings/Server Settings, uncheck "check mail at startup".That should work.

Hey Jeber,I downloaded Thunderbird on my XP system, and was able to produce the exact same thing.If I uncheck the option to “Check for new messages.†I get it on my system also... But if I leave it checked I dont get that. I tried different settings including the ones you said. I can't figure it out.

For some reason, if you don't have an account checked to get messages on startup, it doesn't open automatically to the inbox. I would think this is a bug, so I'll check bugzilla and the Mozilla forums to see if there's a workaround to this problem... Otherwise it just requires having one account set to check mail at startup.

Guest LilBambi

Thanks Ryan .... I have noted this behavior too, but I do have one account I like to check at startup so it works right for me.It is very annoying if you don't have one checking on startup though.BTW: We missed ya there for awhile Ryan...good to see ya more again :thumbsup: