Is NetObjects Fusion any good?

ibe98765

I got a free copy of the 7.0 version (updated to 7.03) of NetObjects Fusion when I signed up for my new hosting account. How does Fusion rate vis-à-vis other similar products?

Try entering a search phrase such as: "netobjects fusion 7" + review - in Google to read the reviews.If it can be purchased from amazon.com or amazon.co.uk, the purchasers will prpbably have left useful reviews of it.I tried NOF 4 and it wasn't anywhere nearly as good as DreamWeaver 3.I've just done the search and the reviews are four- and five-star. And you can't moan about the price $110 and £120. So, it would pay to buy it from the US if you live in the UK. About a quarter of the price of Dreamweaver MX.Eric,http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

I've just done the search and the reviews are four- and five-star. And you can't moan about the price $110 and £120. So, it would pay to buy it from the US if you live in the UK. About a quarter of the price of Dreamweaver MX.
Glad I got a free copy then... B)

I got it and a bunch of other software when I signed up for the 3 year free hosting deal with 1&1.com and registered a couple of domain names. I haven't setup the website yet so can't comment on performance but you can't beat FREE, whatever happens. If it doesn't work out, I'll just take the software and move the domain names somewhere else... They are still offering the free software but the hosting plan isn't free anymore (but still looks reasonable).http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/Home

• 4 weeks later...

I read on another thread that NOF saves the files in a proprietary mode that can't be used in another application such as Dreamweaver, and only converts the files to HTML when they are FTPed to the site.Is this true?If so, I would give it a miss, because it's always a good option to be able to use another application to edit the files or make additions where NOF may be lacking.These applications are always strong or easy to use in some areas and weak or difficult to use in others.Eric,http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

NetObjects Fusion doesn’t verify HTML you add, so be sure to use valid syntax, enclosing scripts within <script> and </SCRIPT> tags, and so on. Also, assets referenced in your HTML aren’t managed in Assets view. If you move the HTML or its assets in your directory structure, edit paths in the HTML accordingly.
You can’t edit the HTML that NetObjects Fusion automatically generates, but you can add your own code virtually anywhere.
Thanks for that information. Also, the above quotes are from the help file. Seems NOF is a half-baked solution.