Tonight's Musical Interlude

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. I use PhotoBucket, ImageShack, ImageBam, and Flikr. If it really gets ugly with these guys, rather than paying them for added space, I'll just pay a host provider and set up my stuff on a server. For less than $5/month I can get unlimited space and bandwidth usage on GreenGeeks. Plus, thanks to Mr. H (my previous host), my domain vtel57.com has been renewed till 2021. :)

Guest LilBambi

Don't forget too that Dropbox works with Linux and you don't have to keep it open all the time.

I open it long enough to put something up and copy the public link and close it down again.

Other types like SpiderOak also works in Linux.

V.T. Eric Layton
Yep, heard that. Keep us in mind if you ever need to do that. :yes:

You know, I didn't even realize you guys were offering hosting. Where have I been? I would have recommended you to my pal. I actually recommended GreenGeeks to him, but he chose Host Gator on his own. Oh well. :( I'll keep you guys in mind in the future. My brother is going to be wanting to pay for hosting sometime in the future. He has a book he wrote that he wants to market on his own website.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. Dropbox is another alternative, but my free Dropbox account only allows 2+ Gig. I'd eat that up pretty fast with images, I would think. Still, between that, my other currently used image servers, and my ISP provided space, I should be OK for a while. I can always upload my blog images to Wordpress, but currently, I serve them from Photobucket. Haven't had any issues with them. *knocking on wood* ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh, that's OK. I'm piggybacking off friend Jay Lacher's server at the moment. My boards and my website are their now. Jay probably wouldn't mind if I added an image directory. So far though, don't need it. :)

what's the ftp path to the image folder? i have 834gb to upload... photobucket says i'm over-full...

ps,

tell your friend "thanks" for your ol pal, temmu.

Edited by Temmu