Stationary

Grasshopper

Normally I don't like stationary (which is why I am not real familiar with setting something like that up), but for my friend's band newsletter, which I am starting up, he wants a specific stationary or embossing (whatever) of the outgoing emails. I'm currently running Tbird 0.4.Is stationary even an option on tbird??TIAtbirdps. It's kind of funny that I talk about tbird and then sign that way for my username, but there's a funnier one...My avatar is my pearl white...you guessed it....1997 Thunderbird. I was working on it a couple months ago. My name is Allen. I have an Allen Engine supercharger kit installed on it and I was using an Allen wrench to turn a bolt that had an inset Allen head on it.*alrighty then*

There is a local law firm here by the name of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen. You'd fit right in there! B) Sorry to get off-topic, but I just had to throw that in there!

My best advice is to talk your friend out of using stationery. Tell him that if he insists he might want to prepare two versions of his newsletter - one with pure text for hte purists that don't like viruses, and one for those that live in the html world. I just went through the menus and checked but I did not see anything like stationery. Then again, I have mine set up for plain text. B) --Julia B)

Sieb, the funny thing about that "law" firm is that my last name is......Law HAHA!!..ahem..Thanks for checking teacher. I've thought about the html/text thing with the newsletter. I'd really like to just do it text and be done with it, but my friend is real artsy-fartsy and wants high quality mp3's to load with pages on his website and big pictures and now stationary on the newsletter. I don't think he gets what it is like to still be on dial up. I don't either for that matter until I go to my mom's house...heheEwwww....I may have to use MS Lookout to do the newsletter if I want all the jazzy stuff....blech...

Well, you can create HTML template in Thunderbird without problems, with all bells and whistles, if that is you are after B) It works ok on both Windows and Linux version.I would avoid HTML per se but if your friend insist then, give it to him B)

Guest LilBambi

I too would suggest talking him out of it especially about using stationary.I think you would need to do it in OE to use a stationary per se. Then anyone who doesn't use OE will be treated to a blank screen in their email or a page of gibberish code. I am sure he will be real happy with his choice then.Same for HTML although more universal in creation in email clients (for the most part, however, many folks these days are shying away from HTML email.)If you do decide to do the HTML thing, I would strongly suggest creating it as both plain text and attach the HTML version to the email (don't forget the images).If sent as both, no matter what email client they use, they will still be able to get his message in a readable form.That still doesn't answer the issue of attachments but it would be better than sending as HTML only.A better solution might be (if you or your friend has some webspace) is to send it plain text with a link to the cool HTML version (that has been created and uploaded to the webspace. Kinda like Scot does for his newsletter.Just something to think about.