Forum Was Down, Now Fixed

Scot

It's back up now, but this forum was down for nearly 17 hours.I want to thank all the many forum members and those attempting to register for sending me email letting me know the forum was down. It went down at around 9:30-10:00PM Eastern on 3/19, just about 24 hours after it opened its doors.I know many of you probably speculated that the trouble stemmed from a wave of forum registrations and traffic, but it actually had nothing to do with the SFNL website or forums. My webhost has, for several days now, been experiencing a network switch problem that has affected all its customers and even its own website. Just before the Scot's Newsletter Forums went down, the forum's server went down hard twice in the space of five minutes. An important forum database file was corrupted.As a new Invision Power Board administrator, it took me quite a while to figure out the problem and fix it. With the help of IPB support, I finally did so.I hope we won't experience this again any time soon. Thanks for your patience! :rolleyes:-- Scot