MP4 Dowload to Format for DVD Disk?

JerryM

I purchased some downloads that are in the MP4 format. I find that my Power to Go will not burn the information to a DVD disk. I think there are some free programs that will make the conversion, but I have no idea where to start or how to do it.

I bet someone here knows.

Thanks,

Jerry

Having movies and other video encoded in the MP4 file format can result in good quality video, but unfortunately, it generally has to be watched on a computer.
Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_4815227_burn-mp4-files-dvd.html

So the first question is do you want to burn them or do you want to convert them so you can play the DVD elsewhere?

I'll need to do some research and start asking about converters. I do not have any mp4 files so I've never needed a converter that could do this.

I use a few free converters from Pazera but I'm not sure any of their programs do mp4.

Ah, they have one

http://www.pazera-software.com/products/mp...-avi-converter/

Try it. I have been happy with the 3 programs I use from him.

If that doesn't work the way you expect it to, post again I will do do some searching for other programs.

This might depend on the DVD player. I have a DVD player that will play WMV from a regular burned disk but not MP4.

OR, you could try using a COBY mp977 which doesn't use a DVD but online and memory stick storage.

I have been happy with mine.

OK, I was able to convert the videos using Free Total Video Converter, http://www.freevideoconverter.biz/ so that I could put them on a DVD. I can play the videos on the DVD on my Bluetooth player. It will not play on my other player. There is a message that says that the disk will not record or play.

I assume that the player does not recognize MP4.

I was able to put the videos on a disk using Free Total Video Converter.

I had thought that the converter would change the format to one that any DVD player would recognize, but evidently the format remains MP4, but will go on a DVD. So one of my players, Sony Bluetooth, will play the DVD, and one will not. ??

I wonder if the players that are several years old will not play MP4, but new DVD players will do so?

I'll settle for that. Many thanks for the help. I doubt that I will need to do that again.

Regards,

Jerry

Edited by JerryM

One of my standalone DVD players will not play anything on a DVD+R disk. (I'm using up my DVD+R spindle and in the future, I'll buy only DVD-R). The other three don't care what I use.

So, maybe the DVD you burned it on may be the culprit.

One of my standalone DVD players will not play anything on a DVD+R disk. (I'm using up my DVD+R spindle and in the future, I'll buy only DVD-R). The other three don't care what I use.

So, maybe the DVD you burned it on may be the culprit.

I have used both in the past. Here is an answer to a question regarding loading the vids on a DVD.

"• Can I put the MP4 files I download from the Ligonier website onto a DVD that will play on my television’s DVD Player or in the DVD Player on my personal computer?

Yes, depending on if you have DVD authoring software on your computer that is able to accept MP4 files as source video. If you own an Apple™ computer then the program called iDVD will accept our downloadable MP4 files with no modification. If you are a Windows™ user then we would suggest checking online for DVD authoring software available for PC users. Some titles we have seen that appear to be accepting of MP4 files as source files are as follows: “Sony DVD Architect”, “Wombie Easy DVD”, “Roxio MyDVD”, “Power Producer”, & “WinX DVD Author” (further information and reviews can be found at http://dvd-authoring-software-review.topte...ws.com/)."

Thanks, again for the help. You folks are great in both knowledge and willingness to help.

Regards,

Jerry

OK, I did find a way to convert the format. There is a window called PROFILE with a drop down that includes a bunch of options. I think vob is the correct one, and am going through the process.

I'll report when I finish. I hope I chose the correct format.

Jerry

ADDED: Did not Work. Oh well!

Edited by JerryM

I finally was able to put the videos on a DVD that would play on my DVD player.

I used the Free Total Video Convertor to convert the MP4 videos to vob. That was supposed to be the DVD format, but would not play.

I then went to the Windows DVD Maker and used the vob videos to load the Windows program. The DVD that I made does work. The only problem I have is that I cannot make a menu showing the individual videos. I'll probably have to live with that.

Overall it has been interesting, but I probably will not have a reason to do it again. I suppose the new DVD players are Blue Ray. Mine played the MP4 videos fine.

Thanks for the comments and help.

Regards,

Jerry

I finally was able to put the videos on a DVD that would play on my DVD player.

I used the Free Total Video Convertor to convert the MP4 videos to vob. That was supposed to be the DVD format, but would not play.

I then went to the Windows DVD Maker and used the vob videos to load the Windows program. The DVD that I made does work. The only problem I have is that I cannot make a menu showing the individual videos. I'll probably have to live with that.

Overall it has been interesting, but I probably will not have a reason to do it again. I suppose the new DVD players are Blue Ray. Mine played the MP4 videos fine.

Thanks for the comments and help.

Regards,

Jerry

umm, VOB files are not quite what you think they are. A dvd player would need help to play them. for a menu, you would need a dvd authoring program. DVD Styler is ok and DVD-Flick is good if you can live with quite plain templates.

umm, VOB files are not quite what you think they are. A dvd player would need help to play them. for a menu, you would need a dvd authoring program. DVD Styler is ok and DVD-Flick is good if you can live with quite plain templates.

I finally found, with help, a program that will take the MP4 download, and process it and place it on a DVD. It works great and is free.

http://www.koyotesoft.com/video-software/f...eos-to-dvd.html

I appreciate the help and advice of all. Evidently this is something not encountered every day.

Hope my experience helps someone else in time.

Regards,

Jerry

I finally found, with help, a program that will take the MP4 download, and process it and place it on a DVD. It works great and is free.

http://www.koyotesoft.com/video-software/f...eos-to-dvd.html

I appreciate the help and advice of all. Evidently this is something not encountered every day.

Hope my experience helps someone else in time.

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry, does it have a feature of doing "smart adjustment" so that if your files run a bit long (ex:2 hrs and 5 minutes) it will finagle the videos so that it would fit?

Jerry, does it have a feature of doing "smart adjustment" so that if your files run a bit long (ex:2 hrs and 5 minutes) it will finagle the videos so that it would fit?

I have not seen such. It seems to be very basic, and not many features. Sorry I do not know enough to figure it out.

Jerry