need a search program for Win2008R2

crp

for some reason, the engineers at M.S decided to break the search functionality of the OS and make it useless.

I need a program that will search for all files , given date parameters. Preferably free :) but shareware would be ok if it actually works.

Suggestions? The only one I've found is EFS but it's description is rubbing me the wrong way for some reason

for some reason, the engineers at M.S decided to break the search functionality of the OS and make it useless.

I need a program that will search for all files , given date parameters. Preferably free :) but shareware would be ok if it actually works.

Suggestions? The only one I've found is EFS but it's description is rubbing me the wrong way for some reason

Agent Ransack has plenty of features and is very fast. I've been using it for the past 2 or 3 years now and I wouldn't be without it. The freeware version has the features you're asking for and it is compatible with Windows Server 2008. You can purchase the Pro version if you need the additional features that come with it.

Edited by Tushman

Try a program called Locate: http://www.locate32.net/

I didn't know 'Locate32' was still around, I would have mentioned definitely not an option for us.

However, Agent Ransack is very impressive - reminds me of Magellan. I'm tempted to purchase a license.

Edited by crp