Font size in Mozilla Toolbars

ozgeek

I've found that the font sizes in Mozilla toolbar menus are becoming too small for my eyesight. This seems particularly so in Debian Linux. Is it possible for me to adjust the font size at all? I can adjust font sizes which affect webpages but not in the Mozilla application itself.Help would be much appreciated. TIA Ozgeek

Though i didn't see anything in the preferences, i'm wondering if different mozilla themes have larger font sizes.We have our own Mozilla Forum here, into which the mods will move your post shortly. Hopefully someone will have more ideas than i do in there.

I have the same problem with my eye's :)Try under Preferences>Appearance>Fonts. There is a minimum and maximum setting. Might take a few stabs at finding a good setting. I have my minimum set at 15 now (screen resolution 1600 X 1200 75 hz) and it seems to do the trick.

I'm going to move this over to the Mozilla forum where hopefully one of those wizards with the scripts knows right where the line is in which script to make it so you can see it. Good luck. ;)

There lies power of tweaking in Mozilla.You can change appearance of the browser in simple css file located in your Mozilla profile directory/chrome.You can just edit existing sample css file called "userChrome-example.css".Edit the file, cahnge fonts and loose the "-example" part.You have changed appearance :)It is the same for Firebird.

There lies power of tweaking in Mozilla.You can change appearance of the browser in simple css file located in your Mozilla profile directory/chrome.You can just edit existing sample css file called "userChrome-example.css".Edit the file, cahnge fonts and loose the "-example" part.You have changed appearance :)It is the same for Firebird.
Thanks Zox. I found the file you mentioned but I can't find a way to edit it. I'm using Xandros 2.0. Is there a special way to edit this file? I went into root. The file says it can be edited but steadfastly refused to give in :>) I obviously haven't said the right "magic" word.Ozgeek :thumbsup:

You can use a texteditor like gedit or kedit to edit the .css file. I do it this way always when editing .css files for mozilla and firebird.Be sure though,after making changes in the .css file, that you store it as .css file and not as something else.That's all there is too.You don't have to be root for that,the file is buried into your profiles folder.Look it up in there and right click on it,choose "open with" and then open it with your preferred texteditor.

Thanks Zox. I found the file you mentioned but I can't find a way to edit it. I'm using Xandros 2.0. Is there a special way to edit this file? I went into root. The file says it can be edited but steadfastly refused to give in :>) I obviously haven't said the right "magic" word.Ozgeek :thumbsup:
Maybe something on this page will help.http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.htmlJust use a text editor to edit the userChrome.css file. You should find your .mozilla directory within your /home/username directory.The default location should be:/home/username/.mozilla/default/*.slt/chrometranquilo

You can use a texteditor like gedit or kedit to edit the .css file. I do it this way always when editing .css files for mozilla and firebird.Be sure though,after making changes in the .css file, that you store it asĀ  .css file and not as something else.That's all there is too.You don't have to be root for that,the file is buried into your profiles folder.Look it up in there and right click on it,choose "open with" and then open it with your preferred texteditor.
Thanks, Striker ! I did manage to edit the text with a text editor. I did, however, have to go to "root". Xandros wouldn't let me do it in the "user" mode for some reason.Thanks, Tranquilo for the link to " Customising Mozilla". There is lots of good stuff there. :w00t: :) :)